Summary: This document provides basic information about the extension providing jQuery support for Web applications.
This extension provides support for jQuery.
In what situation should you install this extension?
If your Web application contains jQuery source code and you want to view these object types and their links with other objects, then you should install this extension:
- Creates jQuery events and access points to services:
- jQuery events: they represent a query in DOM tree
- jQuery access points to web services: CAST_JQuery_GetResourceService, CAST_JQuery_PutResourceService, CAST_JQuery_PostResourceService
- Links from the jQuery access points to services to different servers written in other languages are then created by the WBSlinker extension (an internal extension).
- The following declarations will create a jQuery event:
- The following declaration will create objects "call to web service" (these calls are resolved to web service operations on the server side for the following supported frameworks: Node.js, JAX-RS, Spring MVC:
Default entry point is the HTML file content.
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
- You should ensure that you configure the extension to NOT analyze the back end web client part of a .NET or J2EE application.
- If the back end web client part of a .NET or J2EE application is analyzed with the jQuery extension and with the native .NET/J2EE analyzers, then your results will reflect this - there will be duplicate objects and links (i.e. from the analyzer and from the extension) therefore impacting results and creating erroneous Function Point data.
CAST AIP release
|7.3.4 and all higher 7.3.x releases|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST AIP release||CSS2||Oracle||Microsoft|
|All supported releases|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Dependencies with other extensions
Some CAST extensions require the presence of other CAST extensions in order to function correctly. The jQuery extension requires that the following other CAST extensions are also installed:
Download and installation instructions
The latest release status of this extension can be seen when downloading it from the CAST Extend server.
Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, you can view the results in the normal manner (for example via CAST Enlighten):
The following objects are displayed in CAST Enlighten:
|HTML file (icon depends on default browser)|
|jQuery Get Resource Service|
|jQuery Post Resource Service|
|jQuery Put Resource Service|
|jQuery Delete Resource Service|
The list of rules is available here: https://technologies.castsoftware.com/?rlH=extensions/com.castsoftware.jquery/1.0.0-funcrel.json