Release - 2.11
- Removal of "virtual" input and output nodes: The "virtual" input and output nodes displayed at the object level (in the Transaction and Data Call Graph scopes) caused confusion as they were considered real input or output nodes. To avoid confusion, the "virtual" input and output nodes have been removed.
- Custom Scope - Undo removed objects: When using the Custom scope (results of a global object search), it is now possible to use the Undo/Redo options in the bottom left corner of the view to re-instate an object that has been removed hence helps the user to retrieve/recover the deleted object.
- Admin - Preferences - Preferred Graph Layout: The Preferred Graph Layout option is now applied to the Custom scope, and the Application scope.
- Preferences - Advanced Search Configurations: The "Object Search filter" settings have been renamed to "Advanced Search Configurations". Now, these settings are also valid for the new Transactions and Data Call Graph scope filter result search mechanism. See
- UI - Saved view: When a view is saved, the view is saved with the username (who creates it) and the timestamp (the date and time when the view was created). Whenever the saved view is updated (either by the same user or another user) it is saved with username (who updates it) and the timestamp (the date and time when the view was updated).
- A Note added to the Path Finder feature: When a user is in Path Finder mode, they will get the following note: "You are currently using a beta feature and CAST would like to hear your feedback. Write to us at email@example.com".
- Transaction and Data Call Graph scopes - search filter options: Two options previously available in the filter settings (Case Sensitivity and Position) have been removed and have now been added to a new "search" mechanism available for the results of a filtering action.
- View legend: Changes have been made to the "Legend" in the main view: 1) Objects are now displayed in two separate groups: Objects and External Objects (new in this release) to make it easier to distinguish between objects that are considered external to the application scope. 2) The Select All/Unselect All options have been renamed as Hide All/Show All.
- Pop-up message - Large Transactions: The pop-up message, which appears when user tries to download large transactions, has been updated.
- Random node colours are generated for views: Random node colours are generated for views. In the previous releases, a significant number of nodes used only blue colours..
- Removal of overlap of nodes (Sequential Layout): In case of a large number of Nodes, they would overlap making it difficult for the user to get a clear view of the nodes. The overlap of nodes issue has been fixed.
- Middle ellipses for the bigger class names: Class names with more than 60 characters had initial characters followed by ellipses. This caused confusion when there was more than one classname with similar initial characters. This issue has been fixed, now Class names with more than 60 characters are having middle ellipses. The following pattern is followed: 10 character + ellipses + 49. character
Release - 2.10
- Path Finder and Call Graph (beta) feature: A new feature is added that allows a Call Graph to be displayed from the selected source object (rather than having to choose a target/destination object).
- Large graph rendering stop button: A new Stop Layout button has been implemented which replaces the existing stop icons in the bottom right corner and has the same behaviour as those icons.
- Show path improvements: Now ALL the available paths from source to target node are highlighted and the source and target objects are selected directly in the view.
- Data Call Graph scope filter based on link types: When filtering in the Data Call Graph scope, the option to filter on link types accessing the output has been added.
- Notify objects count popup changes: Now a .CSV file can be downloaded, containing the list of objects that would be displayed in the resulting view.
- Saved views - Avoid using existing name: Imaging now will not allow users to save a view with a name that already exists. A warning message is now displayed when this is attempted.
- Current view search: It is now possible to select all (using a "Select All" checkbox) items returned by the current view
- Transaction and Data Call Graph filtering improvements: The UI design of the Transaction and Data Call Graph filtering mechanism has been improved and sort icons added (alphabetical/and by number of objects in the Reduced Call Graph)
- Minor change to Input/Output items: The highlighting used for Input/Output items in the Transaction and Data Call Graph scopes has changed slightly: instead of "flashing" red circles around the items, the red circles are static.
- App to App Dependencies - External Libraries: When an Application search includes an External Library, any matching Applications will be displayed along with the External Library object.
- Right hand panel improvements: The UI design for the right hand panel has been changed for a better user experience. We now show "Legends", "Object Properties" and "Source Code" under the same panel. The panel can also be resized, closed completely or popped out into a standalone dialog box.
- Full Call Graph Count: Count is added to the Full Call Graph option in Graph Options button.
- Change node and object icons from SVG to font rendering: All icons used for nodes and objects in the view now use font rendering instead of SVG files. This has been done primarily to improve performance when the view is loaded, which is particularly useful when a large number of nodes/objects are present in the view.
- Application to Application link count notification: Following the successful generation of Application to Application links, a notification will be displayed listing the total number of links (not new links) that have been generated between applications.
Release - 2.9
- Search by properties - it is now possible to perform an application object search based on the values of specific properties assigned to each object, such as Line of Code or Cyclomatic Complexity values.
- Show callees and Show path options - on screen options at Object level to highlight all objects being called by the selected object and any paths between the selected object and another object currently present in the view.
- Path Finder (beta) feature - a feature to find and highlight paths (the shortest or all paths) between any two given objects.
Release - 2.8
- Improvements to App to App Dependencies scope:
- view Orphans feature
- view API Nodes feature
- App Insight feature - provides an overview of the current application and provides direct links to specific views which can help kick-start the investigation process
- Admin Center - license key UI improvements
- Preferences dialog UI improvements
Release - 2.7
- Report generation
- Configure the double-click drill down behaviour for nodes at Level 5
- Improvements to App to App Dependencies scope:
- Custom scope
- Application search
Release - 2.6
- Navigation through object properties
- Filter list of available Transactions or Data call graphs
- New "ABAP Packages" aggregation mode for applications containing SAP ABAP source code
- Several UI improvements in various scopes and views, notably App to App Dependencies
Release - 2.5
- App to App Dependencies - link exclusion rule definitions
Release - 2.4
- Custom Aggregation mode improvements
- Enrich saved views
- Source code viewer - light/dark theme, formatting improvements
- Provide more details on "References" links
- Application to Application Dependencies scope - hide links
Release - 2.3
- Custom aggregation mode
- Level slider for Application scope and CAST Taxonomy aggregation mode
- Improved handling of ETL Jobs for Import, Update, Remove, ETL Automation and Link generation for App to app dependencies: multi-action jobs
- Global search improvements
- Handling of multiple source code occurrences across different files
- Shortest Path option now available by default
- App to App Dependencies scope - link improvements
- App to App Dependencies scope - application authorizations
- App to App Depdencies scope - improved management of jobs
- Improved source code viewer
- Comment feature updates and improvements
- New legend for Application scope aggregation modes
Release - 2.2
- New Service scope in the GUI.
- New Inter Application Dependencies scope in the GUI
- New Tutorial feature in the GUI.
- New design for Document-It feature
- New Scope investigation using aggregation modes - CAST Taxonomy, Modules, Services and list of Architecture Models.
- Investigate panel redesigned
- Levels have been implemented for Modules and Architectural Models views
- Role/permissions creation and management now supported in all authentication modes
Release - 2.1
- New Admin Center GUI.
- New Investigate panel GUI.
- New Hide/Unhide options.
- Node properties displayed on single click on node.
- exporter.exe: new options --database and --limitedscope. See Export the CSV data.
- Preferences have been removed from the Admin Center and placed in a floating menu, accessible from the user menu.
- Views can be saved in drill down mode (beyond Level5) and vignettes, legends, hidden objects etc. will be retained.
- Saved views can be exploited like any standard view.
- Communities expand options have been moved into the Investigate panel GUI.
- Add Linked Objects right click option now includes method objects.
- CAST Imaging now available for Docker on Microsoft Windows and Linux. Requires Docker Installer extension. See CAST Imaging installation for Docker on Linux or Microsoft Windows.
Release - 2.0
- Investigate details of the objects like paragraph, methods.
- Add tags option has been enabled on Saved views.
- Using successive view, users can create a view workflow.
- Export/Import data from one CAST Imaging instance to another. This feature is mainly aimed at supporting pilots and assessments and also for System Integrators who support CAST Imaging for multiple customers.
- Object info displays more information about the object - mutability, inherited class, mapping strategy, polymorphism, table name, extended Type.
- Edge grouping on multiple edges between nodes.
- Packages based grouping on Objects using multiple grouping algorithms- Keep immediate, Group others and Keep all.
- New graph layouts added - Grid and Radial Layout.
- Linux Docker Installer introduced to help users install CAST Imaging, export/import application data and copy data from one CAST Imaging instance to another on Linux operating systems.
- Link investigation implemented for Modules and Architecture model views.
- User Preferences screen is added to configure language, maximum number of views, node limit, edge limit, cypher search, application walkthrough(animation), source code alias etc.
- Investigate on callers/callers of multiple objects at a time.
- User can configure batch size to improve application import performance, assuming additional memory to Neo4j also allocated.
- View and Objects documentation will help user to create documents on views or set of objects.
- Audit trail logs for user actions now implemented out of the box.
- External/isolated filters on objects.
- Imaging Helper to guide users through different types of available drill-downs.
- Search linked objects of objects before adding it to the view.
Health status indicators to keep users informed on running status of all the services.
- Other UI changes to improve user usability, such as:
- comments background color configuration
- different expand children with callers/callees, communities
- hide nodes option on object right click
- object search
Data export/import must be run using the export/import tools provided in the new release of CAST Imaging to use any of the features described above. If you are updating from ≥ 2.0.0-beta6, then a data export/import should not be necessary.