The CAST Engineering Dashboard has two search options available for use:
- Basic search, providing search on items in the Assessment Model (i.e. rules) and on object names. Results are dependent on the location the search is made.
- Advanced search, providing search for objects based on a list of violations. Results are not location dependent.
Each is explained below.
Basic search is accessed from the top menu bar:
Clicking this icon activates a search field enabling you to search for names of items (i.e. rules) in the Assessment Model and objects. Results are dependent on the location the search is made.
- search results will include items dependent on the location in which you made the search.
- search is not contextual and is instead global to the entire current snapshot
- search functions in "contain" mode, i.e. search results must contain text matching the search query term
- the number of results is displayed
- the list of results for object searches contains the following information: object name page, object type and object fullname
- results are paginated, scroll with the scroll bar to view more results
- clicking an item in the search results will drilldown to the exact location of the item in the dashboard
- rules flagged as critical are excluded from the search results when the Only critical violations filter is active. When searching for a non-critical rule and the Only critical violations filter is active, a message will be displayed stating No results were found to match your search.
A search made in Home page, Risk Investigation view, Transaction investigation view and Action/Exclusion/Education/Continuous Improvement lists will give results for the following items:
- Business Criteria
- Technical Criteria
A search made in Application investigation view will give results for the following items:
Accessing the Advanced Search feature
The Advanced Search feature can be accessed using the icon in the left hand menu:
Enabling the Advanced Search feature
"Out of the box", the Advanced Search feature is not enabled and the following message will be displayed:
This indicates that a "violations index" (on which the feature relies) has not yet been generated. To generate the index see Managing the Engineering Dashboard search indexes.
Using the Advanced Search feature
When the feature is accessed and the violations index has been generated, the following will be displayed:
|Left hand panel
|The left hand panel provides a set of filters that can be used to narrow down the search cope. Filters are explained in Using filters for the Advanced Search.
|Right hand panel
The right hand panel list the results of the search. Key points:
Using filters for the Advanced Search
The filters available in the left hand panel enable the search scope to be limited. The following filters can be enabled by expanding the section and selecting with a tick:
Criteria or Rules
Restrict the scope via a Health Measure, Technical Criterion or Rule (or a combination).
Displayed results are union of selected Criteria results, with duplicate violations omitted. Sorting is disabled on this section.
Restrict the scope via the weight of the rule in its parent Technical Criterion.
|Restrict the scope via the criticality of the rule (Critical or Non Critical).
Restrict the scope to the violation status in the current snapshot: Added, Updated, Unchanged.
Displayed results are an OR of selected violation status results and AND of other filters selected values (eg : Criteria or rules, Technologies ,Transactions , Critical ,Module) with duplicate violations omitted. Violation status remains selected even after navigating to other views and coming back to Advanced search.
Restrict the scope to objects that are classed as transactions.
Click to enlarge
Restrict the scope to the technologies that are present in the current snapshot.
Displayed results are an OR of selected technologies results and AND of other filters selected values (eg : Criteria or rules, Modules ,Transactions , Critical ,Violation status) with duplicate violations omitted.
Restrict the scope to a module in the current snapshot.
Displayed results are an OR of selected module results and AND of other filters selected values (eg : Criteria or rules, Technologies ,Transactions , Critical ,Violation status) with duplicate violations omitted. Module remains selected even after navigating to other views and coming back to Advanced search.
Note that an indicator will show how many filters have been selected: