Summary: This document provides information about the analysis results you can expect from a Visual Basic analysis.
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, you can view the results in the normal manner (for example via CAST Enlighten):
OLE DLL Project
OLE Exe Project
Com Disp Interface
Com Type Lib
|Link Type||When is this type of link created?|
- When calling a VB or a COM function (sub, function, property get, let set, com method, com prop put, prop putref, prop get) except system functions (functions from VB, VBA or VBRUN DLLs)
- When calling a VB or a COM event
- When the return type of a function is not a standard one
Here is a sample that shows one of these links.
This will result in the following view:
- When raising an event
In the following sample, we have a class (Class1) that defines an event (Gong) and a method (MyMethod). When MyMethod is called, we raise an event.
This will result in the following view (includes only event relevant links):
There is also a Form (Form1) that has the button (Command1). Here’s the code of this Form:
- When declaring a user data-type, link with the non standard members of this user data-type
- When referencing a non standard type member of a user data-type variable
- When accessing a variable
- When declaring a variable of a non standard type
- When declaring a function return value of a non standard type
- When a user control inherits from a non standard type
In this sample, the user control “UserControl1” is used in the form “Form1”
- When implementing an event using WithEvents statement