Summary: This document provides information about the extension providing SAP ABAP analysis support.
Please see SAP ABAP Analyzer - 1.0 - Release Notes for more information.
This extension provides support for SAP ABAP. If your application contains SAP ABAP source code and you want to view these object types and their links with other objects, then you should install this extension.
When installed, this extension replaces the SAP ABAP Analyzer embedded in CAST AIP Core:
- The SAP ABAP Analyzer embedded in AIP Core will continue to exist and will be shipped "out of the box" with AIP Core,
- Critical bugs will continue to be fixed in the Mainframe Analyzer embedded in AIP Core but no new features or functionality will be added.
- 5 new quality rules will be added in the first release of the "standalone" SAP ABAP Analyzer extension, but otherwise the extension will have the same features and functionality on release as the SAP ABAP Analyzer embedded in AIP Core.
- The SAP ABAP Analyzer is compatible with AIP Core ≥ 8.3.43.
- All future development of the SAP ABAP Analyzer (bug fixes, new features, functionality etc.) will be completed in the SAP ABAP Analyzer extension only.
- The behaviour is as follows:
- Nothing is automatic - for both AIP Console and "legacy" CAST AIP deployments, the SAP ABAP Analyzer extension must be manually downloaded and installed in order to use it
- If the standalone extension is installed, CAST AIP Console/CAST Management Studio will automatically detect that it exists and will use the extension rather than the analyzer embedded in AIP Core.
- Once the extension has been installed and used to produce analysis results, it is not possible to reverse this choice by removing the extension and re-analyzing the source code again.
Function Point, Quality and Sizing support
|A green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported.|
|Quality and Sizing||A green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist.|
CAST AIP core release
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP core (see table above)|
Required third-party software
Please see: SAP ABAP - Required third-party software.
Dependencies with other extensions
Download and installation instructions
Application qualification information
Please see: SAP ABAP - Application qualification specifics.
Prepare and deliver the source code
Please see: SAP ABAP - Prepare and deliver the source code.
Analysis configuration and execution
Please see: SAP ABAP - Analysis configuration and execution and all child pages:
What analysis results can you expect?
Please see: SAP ABAP - Analysis results.
A global list is also available here: https://technologies.castsoftware.com/rules?sec=t_-15&ref=||.