Summary: this pages describes all analysis configuration options that are available for the SAP ABAP technology.
Introduction to analysis configuration options
The CAST Management Studio has three levels at which analysis configuration options can be set:
- The options available at this level are valid for all Applications managed in the CAST Management Studio.
- These are the default options that will be used to populate the same fields at Application and Analysis Unit level. If you need to define specific options for a specific Application or Analysis Unit, then you can override them.
- If you make a change to a specific option at Application or Analysis Unit level, and then subsequently change the same option at Technology level, this setting will NOT be mirrored back to the Application or Analysis Unit - this is because specific settings at Application and Analysis Unit level have precedence if they have been changed from the default setting available at Technology level.
- The options available at this level set are valid for all corresponding Analysis Units defined in the current Application (so making changes to a specific option will mean all Analysis Units in that specific Technology will "inherit" the same setting). If you need to define specific options for a specific Analysis Unit in a specific Technology, then you can do so at Analysis Unit level.
- Options available at this level are valid only for the specific Analysis Unit.
- An Analysis Unit can best be described as a set of configuration settings that govern how a perimeter of source code is consistently analyzed.
- Analysis Units are automatically created when you use the Set as current version option to deploy the delivered source code - as such they correspond to Projects discovered by the CAST Delivery Manager Tool. However, they can also be created manually for situations where no Analysis Unit has been automatically created for a given project.
- When the Analysis Unit has been created automatically, options will "inherit" their initial configuration settings from the discovery process in the CAST Delivery Manager Tool (i.e. "project" settings). Where an option could not be defined automatically via the CAST Delivery Manager Tool, it will "inherit" its initial configuration settings from those defined at Technology level and at Application level.
- Analysis Units that are manually defined will "inherit" their initial configuration settings from the settings defined at Technology level and at Application level.
- Modifying an identical option at Technology level or at Application level will automatically update the same option in the Analysis Unit editor unless that specific option has already been modified independently in the Analysis Unit editor.
Some settings at Application and Analysis Unit level have a "Reset" option - using this will reset the option to the value set at the parent level:
Technology / Application level
Using the Technology level or Application level options, validate the settings for SAP ABAP packages. Make any update as required. These settings apply to the Technology or Application as a whole (i.e. all Analysis Units):
Analysis Unit level
To inspect the auto-generated analysis configuration, you should review the settings in each Analysis Unit - they can be accessed through the Application editor:
The available options for configuring an analysis are described below. Note that some options are not available at specific levels (Technology/Application/Analysis Unit):
This tab shows the location of each type of source code in the SAP ABAP Analysis Unit - this is determined automatically by the CAST Delivery Manager Tool but can also be used if you are modifying an automatically created Analysis Unit or when you are manually creating your Analysis Units yourself. You should, however, review the automatic configuration and make any changes you need:
|Project path||The file based location of the corresponding project. This field is read-only. When the field contains User defined, this indicates that the Analysis Unit has been defined manually instead of automatically following the use of the CAST Delivery Manager Tool.|
Use this section to include or exclude specific source files for the Analysis Unit for analysis purposes - these are mainly to be used when you are manually creating your Analysis Unit but can also be used if you are modifying an automatically created Analysis Unit.
- Use the Source Files or Source Folders (folders are searched recursively). By default CAST will automatically suggest the Deployment Folder set in the Current Version tab (Application editor) for your Package when adding new source code folders or files. buttons to include or exclude specific
- Use the button to remove an existing entry
- Use the button to edit an existing entry
- If this Analysis Unit is automatically defined use the button to reset the list to the entries defined by the CAST Delivery Manager Tool
If this Analysis Unit is automatically defined, then any auto defined entries will be read only.
|SAP Tables folder||Defines the file location of your extracted SAP tables. Note that you can place .SQLTABLESIZE files (see Enable XXL table Quality Rules) in this folder provided you leave the Tables Sizes Folder field blank.|
|Table Sizes folder||Defines the location of the folder containing your .SQLTABLESIZE files (see Enable XXL table Quality Rules).|
The settings in this tab govern how the source code is handled by the analyzer:
Click to enlarge
This option allows you to define a folder that will be searched in order to resolve links with objects that are outside the scope of the current analysis, but are referenced from objects currently being analyzed. The code of any objects located in the Include Folder is not analyzed, however the object itself is recorded as being present in the Analysis Service. If the objects already exist in the Analysis Service, only a link to those objects will be created - in other words no duplicate objects are created.
Add a new Include Path
- choose the folder using the standard Windows Browse for folder
dialog box. When added the folder will be listed in the table:
A tick mark in the Recursive column indicates that all folders contained within the selected folder will be searched recursively. You can toggle this as required. By default, all new Include Paths are set to False.
|Edit an existing Working Folder - the standard Windows Browse for folder dialog box will be displayed enabling you to amend the folder.|
|Re-order the list of Working Folders. This is important because the order in which the items appear in the list, is the order in which the analyzer will handle them.|
|Delete an existing entry.|
|Only visible at Analysis Unit level|
Use this button to reset the list to the entries defined by the CAST Delivery Manager Tool.
Click to enlarge
The Production tab is only visible at Technology and Application level.
Dynamic Links Rules
|See the CAST Management Studio help for more information about this global option.|
|Number of instances|
This option allows you to limit the number of objects held in memory before they are committed to disk during the save process of an analysis.
Please contact CAST Support before modifying this option.