Summary: This document provides information about the extension that provides SQL "move to cloud" recommendations for your application.
Please see RDBMS Move to Cloud - 1.0 - Release Notes for more information.
This extension provides a dedicated set of quality rules (i.e. recommendations) that have been designed to help plan a modernization project for taking an on premise RDBMS to the Cloud or to migrate to another RDBMS. You should install this extension:
- If you need to have a set of recommendations because you plan to move from Oracle Database to Oracle Cloud
- If you need to have a set of recommendations because you plan to move from Oracle / DB2 / SQL Server Database to PostgreSQL
- If you need to have a set of recommendations because you plan to move from DB2 Database to MySQL
Results are shown in CAST Imaging and the CAST Engineering Dashboard. You can view the rules provided in this extension in the Structural Rules section below.
When in the same analysis result you mix 2 RDBMS files, the rules for both RDBMS are calculated. E.g.: analyzing DB2 and Oracle SQL files will trigger Oracle and DB2 quality rules.
When vendor is not detected and file is considered ANSI sql, those quality rules are not calculated.
Function Point, Quality and Sizing support
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
|AIP Core release||Supported|
Supported DBMS servers used for AIP Core schemas
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers used to host AIP Core schemas:
|AIP Core release||CSS/PostgreSQL|
|All supported releases|
Dependencies with other extensions
|An installation of any compatible release of AIP Core (see table above).|
|An installation of SQL Analyzer extension (≥ 3.6.7).|
Download and installation instructions
The extension will not be automatically downloaded and installed in CAST Console. If you need to use it, should manually install the extension using the Application - Extensions interface:
What results can you expect?
Results are provided in the Imaging Advisor:
CAST Engineering Dashboard
Example results for Oracle Database to Oracle Cloud:
Click to enlarge
Example results for Oracle Database to Amazon Aurora:
Click to enlarge