CAST supports Memcached via its NoSQL for .NET extension. Details about the support provided for .NET source code is discussed below.
Supported Client Libraries
|DotNet Memcached Connection|
|DotNet Memcached Data|
|DotNet Unknown Memcached Connection|
|DotNet Unknown Memcached Data|
Links are created for transaction and function point needs:
|Link type||Source and destination of link||Methods supported|
Between Memcached connection object and Memcached Data object.
Between the caller .Net method object and Memcached Data object.
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation is completed, you can view the results in the normal manner (for example via CAST Enlighten). Some examples are shown below.
- In the Memcached class file, when we add the server information by parsing the ipaddress and provide the port Number. Below is a sample source code with its result in Enlighten
- In the Memcached class file, when we pass the server information as a parameter. Below is a sample source code with its result in Enlighten :
- Unknown Connection Object: In the Memcached class file, when we pass the server information as a parameter and if passed parameter is unresolved it will create Unknown Connection Object. Below is a sample source code with its result in Enlighten:
- If the server information is provided in xml file. Below is a sample source code with its result in Enlighten :
- Support of WazMemcached Library. Below is a sample source code with its result in Enlighten:
Insert Operation for various Memcached Data
Select Operation for various Memcached Data
Delete Operation for various Memcached Data
Update Operation for various Memcached Data
- Previously, only files consisting of relevant Memcached imports were processed further for analysing.
- Support has been evolved to process a file when it does not contain Memcached import but makes use of its methods (APIs). Assumption here is file is using same namespace as used in the file containing Memcached imports.
- Connection and data names are resolved as known Connection and data only in the following situations:
- Name is hardcoded
- Name is defined in the variable in the local method
- Name is defined as C# field
- Resolving the Connection/data name when passed as arguments in methods.