CAST AIP Service Packs 8.3.20 - 8.3.23 are compatible only with the latest releases of the JEE Analyzer extension, i.e. 1.0.28 and 1.2.10-funcrel. Using older releases of the extension with these CAST AIP Service Packs risks incomplete analysis results (missing objects, links, violations, erroneous FP values) for JEE and C++ analyses.
Therefore, when using CAST AIP Service Packs 8.3.20 - 8.3.23, please either:
- Upgrade your JEE extension to a compatible release (i.e. ≥ 1.0.28 or ≥ 1.2.10-funcrel) OR
- Upgrade CAST AIP to a more recent Service Pack (≥ 8.3.24) which are compatible with older releases of the JEE Analyzer extension
If upgrading the JEE Analyzer extension or CAST AIP is not possible, please contact CAST Technical Support .
- Further improvements have been made in the handling of exceptions during XML processing.
- Enhancements have been made to the code that processes jars and generates code skeletons for analysis.
- The resolution for Java Methods References has been improved.
|8220||Avoid using deprecated method, constructor, field, type or package||A few Java types (Classes/interfaces) extracted from jars were being erroneously marked as deprecated. This happened due to a bug during the processing of 'synthetic' methods. Now, these types will no longer be marked as deprecated and a lot of false positives for the rule are removed.|
Below table lists the bugs fixed in the current release.
|JFAMILY-1727||19178, 20663||PORT - False Positive: Interface being marked as deprecated even though it is not||The false positives for rule 8220 is fixed.|
|JFAMILY-1420||19535||Java044: Syntax not recognized warnings coming from jar files due to incorrect decompilation||Unsupported class files compiled from Kotlin, Scala based jars will generate a warning indicating the source file name and jar name instead of a syntax warning.|
|JFAMILY-1751||-||5 occurrences of Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION||The exceptions are now handled and the analysis proceeds to the previously unanalyzed files.|