CAST AIP Service Packs 8.3.20 - 8.3.23 are compatible only with the latest releases of the JEE Analyzer extension, i.e. 1.0.28 and 1.2.10-funcrel. Using older releases of the extension with these CAST AIP Service Packs risks incomplete analysis results (missing objects, links, violations, erroneous FP values) for JEE and C++ analyses.
Therefore, when using CAST AIP Service Packs 8.3.20 - 8.3.23, please either:
- Upgrade your JEE extension to a compatible release (i.e. ≥ 1.0.28 or ≥ 1.2.10-funcrel) OR
- Upgrade CAST AIP to a more recent Service Pack (≥ 8.3.24) which are compatible with older releases of the JEE Analyzer extension
If upgrading the JEE Analyzer extension or CAST AIP is not possible, please contact CAST Technical Support.
The documentation for the Quality Rules mentioned below has been updated:
- 4594 - Avoid using 'java.io.File'
- 4702 - Avoid using 'Throwable.printStackTrace()' with no argument
- 7210 - Avoid instantiations inside loops
- 7442 - Avoid to use this within Constructor in multi-thread environment
- 7446 - Avoid double checked locking for JSE 4.x and previous version
- 7504 - Persistent classes should Implement hashCode() and equals()
- 8216 - Avoid using incompatible mutation
- 1022002 - Avoid using RSA Cryptographic algorithms without OAEP (Optimal Asymmetric Encryption Padding)
Below table lists the bugs fixed in the current release.
|Internal ID||Ticket ID||Summary||Impact?|
|JFAMILY-1000||15926||Perm fix: Java devirtualization: Missing links from caller to the right implementation methods, one false link to a wrong implementation method||Links are now present for all implementations assigned to the array elements.|
|JFAMILY-1172||17510||Permanent Fix: Java analyser creating false violation in Dashboard "Close the outermost stream ASAP"||The false violations have been fixed.|
|JFAMILY-1488||19803||Problem: False Positives for "Close database resources ASAP"||The false positives for the rule have been fixed.|
|JFAMILY-1520||-||Violation tried to be added on either an invalid instance or an unsupported category|
In debug mode, this message has been removed.