On this page:
In what situation should you install this extension?
The analyzer will be used to handle HTML files:
- creates one "HTML5 Source Code" object that is the caller of html to js links and a transaction entry point
- broadcasts tags and attributes/values to other CAST extensions such as AngularJS. Other extensions will not need to analyze the files themselves.
- creates "functions"
The analyzer also provide the following features:
- Automated Function Point counting.
- Checksum, number of code lines, number of comment lines, comments are present.
- Local and global resolution is done when function is called directly through its name (inference engine resolution is not available).
- For global resolution, caller is searched in all .js files. If only one callee is found, a link is created. If several callees are found, the analyzer watches inclusions in html files to see if it can filter the callee. It nothing is found in html files to filter, links are created to all possible callees.
- Files whose names end with .min.js and Spec.js (tests) are ignored.
HTML5 source code: it represents the whole HTML file content.
|HTML (1 to 5)|
|CSS (1 to 3)|
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
- You should ensure that you configure the extension to NOT analyze the back end web client part of a .NET or J2EE application.
CAST AIP release
|7.3.4 and all higher 7.3.x releases|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST AIP release||CSS2||Oracle||Microsoft|
|All supported releases|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Download and installation instructions
The latest release status of this extension can be seen when downloading it from the CAST Extend server.
Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, you can view the results in the normal manner:
CAST Management Studio analysis content
The following objects are displayed in CAST Enlighten:
|HTML5 Source Code|
|HTML5 CSS Source Code|
|HTML5 CSS Source Code Fragment|
|HTML5 Web Socket Service|
|HTML5 Get XMLHttpRequest Service|
|HTML5 Update XMLHttpRequest Service|
|HTML5 Post XMLHttpRequest Service|
|HTML5 Delete XMLHttpRequest Service|
The list of rules is available here: