This extension provides the means to extract source code from a Concurrent Versions System (CVS) repository. In other words, file based source code that does not reside in a simple local or network folder. This extension is similar in function to the extractors for SVN and TFS that are provided "out of the box" in the CAST Delivery Manager Tool.
In what situation should you install this extension?
This extension should be used when you want to extract file based source code that is stored in a Concurrent Versions System (CVS) repository using the URLs :pserver: or :ext:cvs:
The extension does not contain a source code "discoverer" (to determine the type of source code project) and therefore relies on other discoverers that are already installed in the CAST Delivery Manager Tool to do so.
CAST AIP release
Download and installation instructions
- This extension contains a File extractor and you should take note of the specific instructions in the installation guide that explains how to package your source code with the CAST Delivery Manager Tool when you have an existing Version.
- The latest release status of this extension can be seen when downloading it from the CAST Extend server.
The following screen shots show the differences in the product when the extension is installed:
- In the CAST Delivery Manager Tool a new entry called "CVS" will be added to the Add Package wizard:
- When selected the above item provides the following screen with the CVS option already selected:
- The Package Configuration tab then offers the following interface to access your CVS repository:
|1||Enter the direct URL for your CVS repository in the form :pserver: or :ext:cvs:|
|2||Choose the revision you would like to extract. By default the HEAD revision is chosen.|
|3||Tick the Credentials option if the CVS repository requires authenticated access.|