Please refer C and Cpp Analyzer 2.1 - Release Notes for more information.
This extension provides support for C/C++.
In what situation should you install this extension?
If your application contains C/C++ source code and you want to view these object types and their links with other objects, then you should install this extension.
This extension will be used launched when the option Analyzer to invoke in the CAST Management Studio is set to Legacy analyzer. See C and Cpp - Analysis configuration for more information.
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing||Security|
CAST AIP release
|8.3.3 and above|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|CAST AIP release||CSS||Oracle||Microsoft|
|All supported releases|
Detailed technology support
- C++ language is supported up to C++17
- C language up to C99
Language extensions supported
- Oracle Pro*C and IBM DB2 SQC extensions (EXEC SQL commands embedded in C code)
- some Microsoft C++ Component Extensions:
- for each
Available project discoverers for the CAST Delivery Manager Tool
- Visual C++ 2003
- Visual C++ 2005
- Visual C++ 2008
- Visual C++ 2010
- Visual C++ 2012
Visual C++ 2013 > The Analysis Unit generated for this project is mapped to a Visual C++ 2012 environment profile
- Visual C++ 2015 > The Analysis Unit generated for this project is mapped to a Visual C++ 2012 environment profile
Visual C++ 2017 > The Analysis Unit generated for this project is mapped to a Visual C++ 2012 environment profile
Visual C++ 2013, 2015 and 2017 projects, will be discovered as a Visual C++ 2012 project (i.e. the Analysis Unit generated for this project is mapped to a Visual C++ 2012 environment profile). You can therefore:
- either change the analysis options in the CAST Management Studio so that:
- "IDE used for this Analysis Unit" is set to "Not Specified"
- "STL Support" is set to "Cast emulation"
- or have Visual C++ 2012 installed on the analysis machine and analyse the code as a Visual C++ 2012 project.
Required third-party software
To successfully deliver and analyze C / C++ code, the following third-party software is required:
Install on workstation running the DMT (for extraction)
Install on workstation running CMS (for analysis)
Note that no project discoverer exists for Visual Studio 6.0, however, source code can still be packaged.
If you intend to use the CAST - VC++ XXX - Mandatory Part Environment Profile (usage is recommended), then you MUST install:
Note that if you do not install the appropriate IDE for your source code, then the analysis will fail.
Note that the above information does not apply to other source code (C/C++ compiler from vendors other than Microsoft).
Download and installation instructions
Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code
Please see: C and Cpp - Packaging, delivering and analyzing your source code and all child pages:
What analysis results can you expect?
Please see: C and Cpp - Analysis results.
Please see: C and Cpp - Structural rules.