Summary: This document provides basic information about the extension providing BPEL support.
Please see BPEL 2.2 - Release Notes for more information.
This extension provides support for applications using BPELscript (Business Process Execution Language script).
In what situation should you install this extension?
This extension should be installed when you want to analyze an application that uses BPELscript and WSDL service files.
Function Point, Quality and Sizing support
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that OMG Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
CAST AIP release
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|Microsoft SQL Server|
Supported file types
Download and installation instructions
Include the extension using the interface in AIP Console:
There is nothing further to do. Follow the instructions below to run a new analysis/snapshot to generate new results:
- Advanced onboarding - run and validate the initial analysis
- Advanced onboarding - snapshot generation and validation
Source code discovery
A discoverer is provided with the extension to automatically detect BPEL code: when a .bpel file is found in a folder, one "BPEL" project will be discovered, resulting in a corresponding Analysis Unit in AIP Console.
This discoverer corresponds to the following option in the legacy CAST Delivery Manager Tool:
Click to enlarge
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, you can view the results in the normal manner.
Example of BPEL Invoke, Process and Receive:
Click to enlarge
Dependency to Java
Links will be created where there is a dependency with Java source code. Take the following two examples:
Java embedded in BPEL source code:
Corresponding Java source code:
Resulting link from BEPL to Java method:
BPEL Web Service invoking web services:
Resulting link from BEPL to web service:
The following specific objects are displayed in CAST Enlighten:
BPEL Receive > BPEL Process
BPEL Invoke > BPEL Receive
BPEL Process > BPEL Invoke
- Invokes inside Pick activities are not currently created. Their modelization (together with onMessage and onAlarm elements) will be considered in forthcoming releases.