|Version||Summary of content||Comments|
This release contains one bug fix for an issue which is specific to the Engineering Dashboard when embedded in AIP Console. There are no new features provided.
Can be used with:
Can be used with:
Dashboard architecture change in 2.x
Release 2.0.0-beta1 is the first release of the CAST Dashboards that will use Spring Boot technology. In the most basic terms, this means that it is now possible to deploy the CAST Dashboards without the need for a standalone web application server such as Apache Tomcat - the web application server is instead embedded within the delivered dashboard. This will simplify and speed up the deployment of the CAST Dashboards. As a result of this change:
- CAST will now ship a WAR file and a ZIP file for each Dashboard/combined Dashboard. Both the WAR and the ZIP file are built using Spring Boot technology:
- The 2.x WAR files can be deployed on your existing web application server, just as with previous releases of the CAST Dashboards, however, Apache Tomcat 7.x and IBM WebSphere are now no longer supported - see Standalone dashboard - installation requirements.
- The 2.x ZIP files can be deployed without a web application server directly on a Microsoft Windows or Linux host server with Java installed: unpack the ZIP, update the configuration files and run the start-up script - see also Standalone dashboard - installation requirements.
- There is no direct upgrade path from 1.x to 2.x. Instead (just as with upgrades between 1.x WAR files), the upgrade process is a "side-by-side upgrade". This means that the new dashboard WAR/ZIP file should be deployed alongside the existing dashboard and any settings transferred from the existing to the new - see Standalone Dashboard upgrade.
- The context.xml file (that is used in 1.x WAR files to configure the connection to the CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL instance) has been removed and replaced in the 2.x WAR files with an application.properties file in conjunction with a domains.properties file. The standalone installation documentation has been updated as a consequence - see Standalone CAST Dashboard deployment process.
- The location of familiar configuration files such as ed.json and cmp.json/app.json has been changed in the 2.x WAR files. 2.x ZIP files also have new locations for these files. The documentation has been updated to specify where each configuration file is located in the relevant release - see also the tables in Standalone Dashboard upgrade that list the location of configuration files in all releases.
The table below provides a comparison of the ZIP and WAR file deployment options:
Lightweight - does not require Apache Tomcat (it is embedded in the ZIP).
Apache Tomcat must be installed and configured prior to deploying the dashboard.
1 port (8080 by default) = 1 Server Process = 1 ED Dashboard + 1 HD Dashboard.
1 port = 1 Server Process = N x (ED Dashboard + HD Dashboard).
Additional Web Server quickly installed on a separate host for a single pair of ED/HD.
Server for multiple ED/HD dashboards.
No Windows Service, no shutdown command line, SAML authentication not supported currently.
Currently SAML authentication is not supported in 2.x WAR files (supported in 1.x WAR files).
- Application Structure Resources - 2.0
- Engineering Resources - 2.0
- Health Results Resources - 2.0
- Quality and Sizing Model Resources - 2.0
- Report Service - 2.0
- Server Services - 2.0
- User Session Services - 2.0
|DASHBOARDS-3555||Adapt ed.json in integrated jar for AIP Console|
This 2.x release contains all bug fixes, new features and feature improvements already shipped in the 1.26.1-funcrel release of CAST Dashboards 1.x.
|Authentication - SAML||SAML authentication mode is now supported in 2.x WAR and ZIP files. See https://doc.castsoftware.com/display/DASHBOARDS/User+authentication.|
|Logging - SQL traces||In the 2.0.0-beta1 release, DEBUG and SQL traces were enabled by default, inflating the log file size. DEBUG and SQL traces are now disabled by default, however, they can be enabled if required. See https://doc.castsoftware.com/display/DASHBOARDS/Configuring+the+Log+and+Audit+Trail#ConfiguringtheLogandAuditTrail-EnablingDEBUGandSQLtracelogs.|
|Deployment - Microsoft Windows Service installer||A batch script is now available to install a Windows Service specifically to handle the startup and shutdown of the deployed ZIP files. Instructions are provided in the installation guide - for example for the Engineering Dashboard: https://doc.castsoftware.com/display/DASHBOARDS/Engineering+Dashboard+deployment+using+ZIP+file#EngineeringDashboarddeploymentusingZIPfile-step4Step4-InstalltheMicrosoftWindowsServicetostart/stoptheapplicationserver-optional|
|Shutdown script for ZIP file deployment on Linux||A shutdown.sh script has been added for those deploying the ZIP files on Linux. For Microsoft Windows deployments not using a Microsoft Windows Service, use the CTRL+C keyboard option to gracefully stop the web application. See https://doc.castsoftware.com/display/DASHBOARDS/Start+and+stop+2.x+ZIP+deployments.|
|DASHBOARDS-3419||The file hierarchy in the deployed ZIP files has been updated. All configuration files are now located in a folder called "configurations" at the root of the unpacked ZIP. All documentation has been updated to reflect this change.|
|DASHBOARDS-00000||The custom HTTP status code "470" returned by the RestAPI in v. 1.x when a request is attempted and the user is not authenticated has been changed to a standard "401" status code in v. ≥ 2.x. If you are relying on the RestAPI to return a 470 status when unauthenticated requests are attempted, you should update your custom application to use the 401 status instead. See also https://doc.castsoftware.com/display/DASHBOARDS/User+Session+Services+-+2.0#UserSessionServices2.0-Login.|
|Customer Ticket Id||Details|
|27297||When attempting to use the following AppMarq related RestAPI URL "AAD/datamart/app-health-evolution" an error is displayed "ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint".|
|SSL connection to CAST Storage Service / PostgreSQL instance||It is now possible to configure the dashboards to connect to use an SSL encrypted connection to a CAST Storage Service / PostgreSQL instance that is configured to accept incoming SSL connections. See https://doc.castsoftware.com/display/DOCCOM/SSL+encrypted+mode+configuration+for+CAST+Storage+Service+and+PostgreSQL.|
|Dashboard architecture change in 2.x||Release 2.0.0-beta1 is the first release of the CAST Dashboards that will use Spring Boot technology. In the most basic terms, this means that it is now possible to deploy the CAST Dashboards without the need for a standalone web application server such as Apache Tomcat - the web application server is instead embedded within the delivered dashboard. This will simplify and speed up the deployment of the CAST Dashboards. See https://doc.castsoftware.com/display/DASHBOARDS/2.0#id-2.0-Dashboardarchitecturechangein2.x.|
|HD - Auto-selection of snapshot while changing the business criteria and size indicators||Application level graphs are improved for better usability. Now, when you select a graph, the selected snapshot pointer moves to latest selected metric, and with latest snapshot.|
|HD - Size indicators - Change multi-selection to a single selection.||The selection of size indicators feature is changed. With the new change, you can select any size indicator at a time, and can see the list of metrics which belongs to the selected size indicator.|
|DASHBOARDS-3264||Background is blur when Dialog is open in Action Plan and Exclusion views|
|DASHBOARDS-3214||Download button hover Css need to fix for all Violation Tables|
|DASHBOARDS-3209||Console error with Architecture model view|
|DASHBOARDS-3293||ED: Architecture models dependency arrows are not correctly oriented|
|DASHBOARDS-2220||Support of SSL connection|
|DASHBOARDS-3299||HD: Disable the excel download icon when there is no AEP data available|
|DASHBOARDS-3263||Same tooltip "Download AEP data to a file" is displaying in functional and enhancement size views|
|Customer Ticket Id||Details|
|28339||Green IT index is displaying as TQI on HD application-level Health Measures screen|
|28144||Mismatch in removed violations count between dashboard (Dashboard open through CMS and WAR)|
|DASHBOARDS-3326||Dashboard version number is not displaying in Apache Tomcat Manager page.|
|DASHBOARDS-3325||SQL traces are activated by default in the log file.|
|DASHBOARDS-3324||Stop or shutdown batch file is not present in Spring Boot ZIP files.|
|DASHBOARDS-3170||SAML authentication not supported in this release.|