When an analysis is run the authenticity of some links that have been identified between objects cannot be absolutely determined by CAST AIP - these links are known as "dynamic links". Often these "unverified links" systematically occur in every analysis or have no meaning for the specific technology you are working with. To counter this, filter rules (DLM.XML files) can be configured to either validate (i.e. retain) or ignore (delete) these recurring dynamic links automatically when an analysis is run.
This option enables you to add Dynamic Links Rules (DLM.XML files) at a global level. What does this mean?
- The DLM.XML file will be added to the equivalent setting at Application level for all new Applications created in the future.
- The DLM.XML file will be replicated to the "API_Upload" folder on ALL AIP Nodes managed by the AIP Console.
- For Applications that already exist in the AIP Console, the DLM.XML file will not be applied to any future analyses/snapshots. You will need to manually add the same DLM.XML file in the equivalent option at Application level - see Application - Config - Tools for more information about this.
- you can find more detailed information about how to create Dynamic Links Rules files (DLM.XML files) Application - Config - DLM.
- the AIP Console does NOT check the uploaded DLM.XML file for consistency or correctness.