When an analysis is run, the authenticity of some links that have been identified between objects cannot be absolutely determined by CAST AIP - these links are known as "dynamic links". Often these "unverified links" systematically occur in every analysis or have no meaning for the specific technology you are working with. To counter this, filter rules (DLM.XML files) can be configured to either validate (i.e. retain) or ignore (delete) these recurring dynamic links automatically when an analysis is run.
This option enables you to add Dynamic Links Rules (DLM.XML files) at a global level and make it available for all Applications. What does this mean?
- The DLM.XML file will be stored in the following location on disk:
- The DLM.XML file will be replicated to the
<installation>\AipNode\data\upload\dlm folder on ALL AIP Nodes managed by AIP Console.
- The DLM.XML file will be added to the equivalent setting at Application level for all new Applications created in the future - see Application - Config - Dynamic Links Rules for more information about this.
- For Applications that already exist in AIP Console, the DLM.XML file will not be applied to any future analyses/snapshots. You will need to manually add the same DLM.XML file in the equivalent option at Application level - see Application - Config - Dynamic Links Rules for more information about this.
- You can find more detailed information about how to create Dynamic Links Rules files (DLM.XML files) Application - Config - Dynamic Links Rules.
- AIP Console does NOT check the uploaded DLM.XML file for consistency or correctness.
Viewing the contents of an uploaded DLM.XML file
Use the icon to view the contents of DLM.XML file:
Removing an uploaded DLM.XML file
Use the icon to delete a DLM.XML file at global level. This will NOT delete the corresponding file from your AIP Nodes.
Editing an existing DLM.XML file
If you need to edit a DLM.XML file that you have already uploaded, you should NEVER edit the file in
<installation>\AipConsole\data\upload\dlm, instead you should:
- create a copy of the DLM.XML file in an unrelated location on disk (i.e. not in
- name this new DLM.XML file with a different name to your original uploaded DLM.XML file
- edit the new DLM.XML file to update the rules you require
- upload this new DLM.XML file using the AIP Console GUI interface - remember that this file will be synchronized to all AIP Nodes
- you will need to manually intervene in any existing Applications at Application level that are using the original DLM.XML file and now need to use the new DLM.XML file: delete the original DLM.XML file and then add the newly uploaded DLM.XML
- you should then delete the original at global level to ensure that it is not added for any new Applications you create