On this page:
|Summary: documentation for the Nodes panel in the AIP Console Administration Center.|
Accessing the Nodes panel
Login with a user account that already has the Admin role and switch to the Admin Center:
Now move to the Nodes panel:
|Options available in the Nodes panel are global to the entire AIP Console, i.e. all Applications managed in the AIP Console.|
An AIP Node is a server on which CAST AIP has been installed together with the AIP Node package (see AIP Node package - back end installation). The node can then be added into the AIP Console and used for analysis purposes.
The Nodes section:
- lists all AIP Nodes that have been configured for use in the AIP Console (each line represents an AIP Node)
- provides a means to:
- add new AIP Nodes
- edit existing AIP Nodes
- disable/enable AIP Nodes
- delete existing AIP Nodes
Click to add a new AIP Node:
|Name||Enter a name to identify the AIP Node you are configuring - CAST recommends using the server host name for east identification.|
|Scheme||Choose whether the AIP Node has been configured to run as http (default) or https.|
|Host||Enter the network name/IP address of the remote machine, i.e. AIP Node.|
|Port||Enter the port number which the AIP Node is running on (default is 8082).|
Enter the token that you received while installing the AIP Node package - see AIP Node package - back end installation. If you did not record the token during the installation, it can be found in the following file on the AIP Node:
The token is located on the following line after the = sign:
Name of the AIP Nodes as defined when it was added. Note that AIP Nodes listed:
- in green signify AIP Nodes that are actively responding to the AIP Console (even if disabled)
- in red signify AIP Nodes that could not be located on the network (the AIP Node may be powered off or a network issue may be preventing the AIP Console from connecting to the AIP Node).
|Host||URL of the AIP node as defined when it was added.|
Use this option to edit an existing AIP Node:
Choose to either enable or disable the selected AIP Node:
- When Enabled, the AIP Node can be used for analysis purposes.
- When Disabled, the AIP Node cannot be used for analysis purposes - i.e. any Applications defined on this AIP Node, will be completely invisible in the AIP Console.
Click to delete the AIP Node. Doing so will remove the AIP Node from the AIP Console.
Deleting the AIP Node does not delete any Applications, Domains or schemas associated with the deleted AIP Node, however all references to these will be removed from the AIP Console. If you re-add a deleted AIP Node (providing no changes have been made on the AIP Node itself or in the CAST Storage Service), then all Applications, Domains and schemas associated with the AIP Node will be visible once again and can be used without further configuration.