Change Operator and Guest passwords (CSS only)
This section provides details about how you can change the passwords for the default Operator and Guest users when working in a CAST Storage Service environment (CSS).
When a CAST Storage Service is installed (see the CAST Installation Guide), two users are created by default with the following passwords:
|User ||Default password ||Purpose |
|Operator ||CastAIP ||This user is designed to be for all interaction with CAST applications. It has full read and write access to the databases stored on the CAST Storage Service. |
|Guest ||WelcomeToAIP ||This user is designed to be used by third party tools requiring simple read-access to the databases stored on the CAST Storage Service. |
CAST highly recommends modifying the default passwords to suit your own environment. To do so, use the built in mechanism in the CAST Storage Service database server editor:
- Open CAST Storage Service database server editor for your CAST Storage Service
- Click the Server Security tab:
- Now click the appropriate option to change the password you require. You will be prompted to enter the existing password, enter a new password and a confirmation:
- Click Finish to make the change permanent.
- Note that if you change the password for either login, you need to be aware of how applications (whether third party or CAST) are connecting to the CAST Storage Service as you may need to update their connection profiles and amend the password:
- CAST Management Studio: you need to update the password in the connection profile used to connect to the CAST Management Studio database/schema (<prefix>_MNGT) when you first launch the CAST Management Studio. See Manage CAST-MS Connections.
- You will need to change the password for the CAST Dashboard / Discovery Portal in the web.xml configuration file - see the CAST Installation Guide for more information about this.
- You will need to change the connection profiles for applications such as CAST Enlighten, CAST Report Center, CAST Architecture Checker and CAST Transaction Configuration Center.
- Note that the Password field (this relates to the Operator login) in the Connection tab of the CAST Storage Service database server editor will automatically be updated with the new password.