Requirements - GitHub account
In order to publish your extension documentation, you need a GitHub account. If you already have an account you can use this, but if not you will need to create a new one - see https://github.com/join.
Create a repository on GitHub
To create a new repository for your extension documentation:
- Access the CAST Extend Organisation on GitHub.
- Inside the organisation, create a new repository (as shown in the screenshot below):
- Fill in the required details for the repository:
- Include the extension title in the repository name
- Set the repository to public
- Tick the Initialize this repository with a README option
- Click the Create repository button
- In the newly created repository, click the Wiki tab:
- Create a new page that will contain the extension documentation:
- Change the title of the page:
- Now enter the documentation, using the CAST-Extend template as inspiration: https://github.com/CAST-Extend/Template/wiki/Your-Extension-Documentation:
- When the documentation is complete, you can link directly to it in the Extension Description file.