This page is about solving the issue observed in Mainframe technology source code whereby search String is not linked to any other object in the app, not even to the file it is created from (created a reference pattern search string and used it as a tool after analysis to create the respective links)
This is a mainframe application -
- Create a Ref pattern and verified strings are created as expected.
- Add it to Tools After analysis in Content Enrichment
- Add update CSV as well
- Run both 2 and 3
- Check search string in Enlighten
Enlighten shows no links, Search string should at least be linked to the file it is created from.
The issue occurs because, in Mainframe, one single Analysis Unit, has several projects (COBOL, JCL...) with the same name.
As a workaround,
1. If you only want to search in the Cobol side, you can add the filter to search only in Cobol -
2. If you want to search in both Cobol and JCL, then you need to create 2 reference finders - one for JCL and one for COBOL and filter based on the languages.
3. If the problem you are facing does not match any case listed in this page, report your problem to CAST Technical Support and provide the below Relevant input for CAST Technical Support to reproduce the issue.
Ticket # 31556 AIPCORE-3542,