On this page:
Mainframe Analyzer - improved support for JCL Symbols
In CAST AIP ≥ 8.3.11, the Mainframe Analyzer now supports:
- JCL Symbols present in job DD cards
- JCL Symbols present in job EXEC cards
- Where JCL contains PROCS using parameters from a different JCL
- Where JCL calls PROC using a parameter
- JCL Symbols present in external PROCS
This improved support will generate more links between steps and programs, files and procedures, which will in turn improve the completeness of transaction call graphs used for function point counting. This is in addition to basic support for JCL Symbols introduced in CAST AIP 8.3.0. You can find out more information about this support in Mainframe - Technical notes.
User Input Security configuration
The location for storing blackbox.xml files used during a manual User Input Security configuration has changed in CAST AIP 8.3.11. Files must now be stored in an Application specific folder in the following location.
See User Input Security - manually configuring blackbox methods for more information.
CAST Storage Service "guest" user
The default CAST Storage Service "guest" user is no longer used by CAST applications. Therefore:
- The ability to change this user's password in the CAST Management Studio has been removed.
- The tool CSSPasswordReset.exe will no longer reset the guest user (see Maintenance activities for CAST Storage Service and PostgreSQL).