Summary: This document provides basic information about the extension providing Apache Camel support for Java.
Please see Apache Camel - 1.0 - Release Notes for more information.
In what situation should you install this extension?
This extension should be installed when your Java application consists of Apache Camel Routes. Objects created for the components encountered in Apache Camel Route are linked to objects produced by the JEE Analyzer. This will result in better transactions and calculation of Automated Function Points.
Function Point, Quality and Sizing support
- Function Points (transactions): a green tick indicates that Function Point counting and Transaction Risk Index are supported
- Quality and Sizing: a green tick indicates that CAST can measure size and that a minimum set of Quality Rules exist
|Quality and Sizing|
CAST AIP compatibility
|CAST AIP release||Supported|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|Microsoft SQL Server|
|Installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Download and installation instructions
Include the extension using the interface in AIP Console:
There is nothing further to do. Any Apache Camel configuration defined in XML files in the application source code will be automatically detected. Follow the instructions below to run a new analysis/snapshot to generate new results:
- Advanced onboarding - run and validate the initial analysis
- Advanced onboarding - snapshot generation and validation
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation is completed, you can view the results in the normal manner (for example via CAST Enlighten):
|Apache Camel HTTP Get Operation|
|Apache Camel HTTP Put Operation|
|Apache Camel HTTP Post Operation|
|Apache Camel HTTP Delete Operation|
|Apache Camel HTTP Any Operation|
|Apache Camel Route Call|
|Apache Camel Route|
|Apache Camel Bean Call|
|Apache Camel Process Call|
|Apache Camel Database Query|
Only callLinks are created between various objects created by this extension.
XML DSL- callLink between REST POST service and Apache Camel Route Call
Java DSL- callLink between REST POST service and Apache Camel Route Call
XML DSL - callLink between REST DELETE and Apache Camel Route Call
XML DSL - callLink between REST PUT and Apache Camel Route Call
XML DSL - callLink between ApacheCamel Route and Apache Camel Route Call
Java DSL - callLink between Apache Camel Route and Apache Camel Route Call
XML DSL - callLinks between Rest POST service and Bean Call, Process Call
Java DSL - callLinks between Rest POST service and Bean Call, Process Call
XML DSL - callLink between Apache Camel Route and Bean Call
XML DSL - callLink between Apache Camel Route and Process Call
Java DSL - callLinks between Apache Camel Route and Bean Call, Process Call
callLinks in the complete transaction
- Route destinations such as bean, process, jdbc (database query jdbc:) and apache camel routes (direct:) are created as known objects
- All other route components are ignored
- There may be incorrect bookmarks in few call links. Will be fixed in subsequent releases
- Components in the route which are not decoded in this version, will be included . As an example the components such as JMS, NoSQL (MongoDB, Couchbase etc.) will be considered in the subsequent releases.