Summary: CAST AIP 8.3.26 introduces a number of features and changes as listed below. To view the impacts of these changes on analysis results, see: Changes in results post upgrade
The Mainframe Analyzer has been externalised as an extension to give the feature more flexibility to future development.
- The Mainframe Analyzer embedded in AIP Core will continue to exist and will be shipped "out of the box".
- Critical bugs will continue to be fixed on the Mainframe Analyzer embedded in AIP Core but no new features or functionality will be added.
- The new Mainframe Analyzer extension will have exactly the same features and functionality on release as the Mainframe Analyzer embedded in AIP Core, therefore analysis results will be identical.
- The new Mainframe Analyzer is compatible with AIP Core ≥ 8.3.26.
- All future development of the Mainframe Analyzer (new features, functionality etc.) will be completed in the Mainframe Analyzer extension only. Critical bug fixes will be fixed in the Mainframe Analyzer extension (as well as the analyzer embedded in AIP Core).
- The behaviour is as follows:
- Nothing is automatic - for both AIP Console and "legacy" CAST AIP deployments, the Mainframe Analyzer extension must be manually downloaded and installed in order to use it
- If the extension has been installed it will always be used instead of the Mainframe Analyzer embedded in AIP Core.
- Once the extension has been installed and used to produce analysis results, it is not possible to reverse this choice by removing the extension and re-analyzing the source code again.