Define a new Architecture Model
When you first launch the Architecture Checker, you need to to define a new Architecture Model to get started:
- Use the File > New Architecture Model option or right click the blank Main window (Model tab) and select New Architecture Model
- A dialog box will then be displayed enabling you to define the new model:
|Architecture Model name||Enter a name for your Model - this simply identifies the Architecture Model to you.|
|Choose Template||Allows you to select the custom template you require from the drop downlist - the CAST Architecture Checker will offer you all predefined templates shipped with the software, and any custom templates you have saved to the default template storage location (%USERPROFILE%\Documents). Your new model will open containing all configuration saved to the custom template you have chosen. |
Alternatively you can choose Blank Template, which will give you an empty Architecture Model.
See Working with Templates for more information.
Note that the predefined templates shipped with the software are located in the configuration\ACTemplate folder in the CAST AIP installation folder.
|Dependency Type||This drop down list enabled you to select the type of Architecture Model you want to create, depending on your requirements: |
Notes Authorized model type:
- Click OK to complete the creation of the Architecture Model.
- Refer to Define Layers, Sets and Dependencies and also Define Layer or Set Contents for more information about the rest of the creation process.
- You should also use the Save option (see Toolbar for more information) to save your model for future re-use.
- You may also wish to define various Properties for your model (for example, weight and criticality of the associated Quality Rule) - if so, see Configuring model properties. Otherwise default values will be used.