CAST supports Couchbase via its NoSQL for .NET extension. Details about how this support is provided for .NET source code is discussed below.
Supported Client Libraries
Update Methods Supported
Select Methods Supported
|DotNet Couchbase Cluster|
|DotNet Couchbase Bucket|
|DotNet Unknown Cluster|
|DotNet Unknown Couchbase Bucket|
Links are created for transaction and function point needs:
|Link type||Source and destination of link||Methods supported|
Between Couchbase Cluster object and Couchbase Bucket object
|useLink||Between the caller .NET Class / Method objects and Couchbase Buckets objects|
Select methods supported
Update methods supported
What results can you expect?
Once the analysis/snapshot generation has completed, you can view the results in the normal manner (for example via CAST Enlighten). Some examples are shown below.
Cluster Creation and Bucket Opening
Using ClusterHelper for cluster and bucket
The following methods sub-document operations are supported:
- Previously, only files consisting of relevant Couchbase imports were processed further for analysing.
- Support has been evolved to process a file when it does not contain Couchbase import but makes use of its methods (APIs). Assumption here is file makes use of same namespace as used in the file containing Couchbase imports.
- Cluster and bucket names are resolved as known only in the following situations:
- Cluster/Bucket name is hardcoded
- Cluster/Bucket name is defined in the variable in the local method
- Cluster/Bucket name is defined as C# field
- Cluster/Bucket name information is present in App.config
- Version .NET SDK 2.1 to 2.7 are supported
- Resolving the bucket/client name when passed as arguments in methods