Summary: As described in Health Dashboard, CAST is able to export to Excel/CSV file a detailed breakdown of the Enhanced and Automated Function Point data provided "out of the box". However, to do so, a configuration change must be made to the Health Dashboard. This page explains how to configure the Health Dashboard to allow the export of Enhance and Automated Function Point (AFP) data to a Microsoft Excel/CSV file.
Note that this configuration change is ONLY applicable when using the standalone CAST-Health war file (see Health Dashboard deployment) - when using the combined CAST-Health-Engineering war file, the export to Microsoft Excel/CSV icons are visible out of the box.
Activating the export icons
The export to Microsoft Excel/CSV icons (as shown below) are NOT active (they are greyed out) by default in an "out of the box" Health Dashboard setup when using the standalone CAST-Health war file (see Health Dashboard deployment):
To enable the icons when using the standalone CAST-Health war file (see Health Dashboard deployment), a CAST Administrator needs to make a configuration change as follows:
- First determine which Dashboard Service the snapshot containing the Application has been generated in. You can do so by:
- first looking at the Application and Snapshot name in the Health Dashboard:
- secondly opening the CAST Management Studio and looking at the information in the Execution tab of the Application editor - the Dashboard Service is highlighted below:
- When you have this information, open the following file with a text editor:
- You now need to add an additional resource which points to the Dashboard Service you identified above. The following example shows the resource pointing to the Measurement Service (as defined as part of the initial configuration of the Health Dashboard - see Health Dashboard deployment) and a second resource pointing to the Dashboard Service:
- Please ensure that you:
- Define a unique "name" (unique within the file). In the above example, we have used jdbc/domains/V832_1536_CENTRAL - this is different to the default "name" provided by CAST: jdbc/domains/AAD and reuses the name of the CAST AIP schema used for the Dashboard Service (you can use any name you like but please retain the jdbc/domains/ part).
- Define a "url" that points to the RDBMS or CAST Storage Service on which the Dashboard Service is installed. In the majority of situations, this will be identical to the "url" used for the Measurement Service schema
- Define a "initConnectionSqls" that references the name of the CAST AIP schema used for the Dashboard Service: V832_1536_CENTRAL in the example above.
- Check that the "username" and "password" entries are correct.
- Following any changes you make, save the context.xml file and then restart your application server so that the changes are taken into account.
- Now when you access the Automatic Function Point page, the export icon will be visible.
Configuring export to Microsoft Excel or CSV file
By default, the export file format is set to Microsoft Excel (.xlsx). However, it is possible to change this to .csv if you prefer. To do so, open the following file with a text editor:
Locate the following line in the file:
Change the line as follows:
When complete, save the changes to the app.json file and restart your application server so that changes are taken into account.