Learn about the deployment process - this includes understanding what you need to prepare, the installation process, transitioning to it from legacy deployments of CAST AIP and updating/upgrading to new releases.
To perform a successful deployment in your organization, it is important to understand:
Two scenarios are available:
- If you are a new CAST customer or if you are standing up new hardware specifically to onboard a new Application, you can perform a New customer installation
- If you are an existing CAST customer already using "legacy" CAST AIP and you are planning a transition AIP Console to onboard a new Application:
- you can re-purpose your existing "legacy" CAST AIP deployment and perform an Existing customer installation
- you can also Import an Application managed with CAST Management Studio into AIP Console
Information about how to upgrade to a new release. The following components/packages can all be upgraded independently:
- AIP Console package (including "embedded" Dashboards), AIP Node package and deployed RestAPI war file
- AIP Core analysis engine on target AIP Nodes
- Applications to new AIP Core release (schema upgrade)
- CAST Dashboards in standalone mode
Information about how and what to back up.