The purpose of this How-To doc is to explain, how you can use the application Details page.
Using this page you may to know:
- The details of latest action
- The current status of your application
The different actions presented here have been done with AIP Console 1.9.0.
The Application Details page
You on-boarded an application in AIP Console and you would like to know the latest action that has been done and the resulting state of the application.
- Go to AIP Console home page.
- Click the application name, the application Details page is displayed.
This page is organized as follows:
The Application state panel section
The Reports section
The application in a nutshell
When you arrive on the Details page, you are in the application state panel. This one is organized in 4 tiles that provide you with various information on versions, technologies, analysis, and snapshots.
Blue tile lets you know about:
- The number of versions you received for that application
- The number of versions that are yet to remain to be analyzed
- The number of snapshots that have been taken.
Technologies tile lets you know about:
- All the languages and frameworks that have been automatically discovered during the last source code scan done on the current version.
- The list that has been enhanced with the languages declared in the technology survey.
Analysis tile lets you know:
- How the last source code scan went.
- On which version it has been carried out and, the duration of the scanning
- If you need to review dynamic links, and
- If you activated the Security Dataflow Analysis feature.
Snapshot tile lets you know:
- The version for which a snapshot has been taken (with/without software architecture check)
- The size of the application compare to that version
- The amount of transactions you should review.
If you selected extensions producing reports for your application, then you may want to read them after a scan has been performed. To do that, expand the Reports section. You will see the reports, if any.
The information is also provided in table format: a status, a short description, an optional value, and the date they are produced.
In the above screen shot, there are around 5% of the delivered files that have not been analyzed. You will see the list of these files in the report itself. You can download it by simply click the icon:
You may search in Cast Extend portal for the specific extensions that produce reports.
Check the logs
Each time you run a job, a bunch of logs are generated. In the Logs page, you see all jobs with their associated steps. At the right-side of the job name, a status icon (or ) says if the process went well or not. A second icon ( ) appears when errors, warnings, and/or missing files have been encountered in a step.
For instance, in the below screen shot the latest job completed successfully but missing files (
Based on the logs report that, you can focus on important issues and quickly go to steps that require your attention.
Click theicon to download the list of missing source files and click the icon to drill down into step logs. The panel that opens show you the list of log files that have been produced during the step. Some of them have been parsed to present a summary with the list of errors and warnings, and the list of missing files.
If you need to review all the log, then click the CONTENT button. A text viewer appears and displays the log content:
You can review it now or download it for future use.