Import configuration / Export configuration
When you have created your sets you may wish to export their configuration to file for re-use in another instance of the CAST Transaction Configuration Center.
To do so:
- Right click either the root Templates node or the Transaction Configuration node under the System > Application hierarchy
- Select Import configuration or Export configuration as appropriate (to use the Import configuration option you need to have already used the Export setup option or have a .TCCSetup file to use)
- When exporting, you will be prompted for a name and location for the export file (this will be an XML type file with a .TCCSetup suffix) and the package whose rules will be exported to the xml file
- When importing, you will be prompted for the name and location of the file you want to import - the import will overwrite your existing set configuration. On import the rules/sets will appear as a Custom package in the Transaction Configuration node - Right hand panel and all sub nodes (Entry Points, Data Entities, End points, Excluded Items - Right hand panel):
Notes - You can also use the Import/Export options in the File menu to achieve the same.
- Exporting from one node (i.e. Templates) will not include sets configured in the other node (i.e. Setup).
- You can import into a node (i.e. Templates) even if you exported from the other node (i.e. Setup).
- The export will not include the sets defined by default in the Built-in parameters nodes - When importing a standard configuration file (from <CAST AIP installation folder>\configuration\TCC or %PROGRAMDATA%\CAST\CAST\Extensions\<extension folder>\configuration\TCC) into an Application, then the application configuration will be refreshed with the imported package's version. This is especially useful in order to perform a manual update on a package, if we have selected "Automatic configuration refresh: NO" in the computation settings (see Enabling/disabling the automatic configuration refresh process in Working with standard configuration files (.TCCSetup))
- You can use the right click Update Configuration option with an exported TCCSetup file to refresh the sets in your Template configuration. See also Update Configuration.