Importing/Exporting Environment Profiles
CAST provides a mechanism to import and export your user-defined "custom" Environment Profiles (it is not possible to export profiles created automatically by CAST).
Exporting Environment Profiles to file
To export your user-defined Environment Profiles, you need to:
- Right click the Analysis Service in the Services view and select Environment Profile > Export
- The following dialog box is displayed:
Choosing Yes allows you to select a folder where each individual environment profile will be saved in separate .aex files (i.e. fragments) within a folder specific to the type of environment profile:
For example, given two custom environment profiles (one for JEE and one for C++), and having selected C:\CAST\temp as the output folder, the following will be created:
|No||Choosing No allows you to select a folder and file name where all custom environment profiles will be saved together in a single .aex file.|
Importing Environment Profiles from file
Before importing Environment Profiles, you need to make sure you have the .aex file containing your exported Environment Profiles (this may come from another installation or from a previous version of CAST).
- Right click the Analysis Service in the Services view and select Environment Profile > Import
- A standard Windows Open dialog box will be displayed
- Select the .aex file containing your exported Environment Profiles
- Click OK to start the import process.
- Your imported profiles will then be displayed in the Environment Profile Manager.
- Note that custom Environment Profiles are stored in the Analysis Service. Thus deleting or moving an .aex file following an import will not cause any adverse effects.