CAST Management Studio logging
The CAST Management Studio contains provides logging mechanisms for various features. All available log files are described below:
|Log name||Usage||Default location||Notes|
|Error log||Captures all the warnings and errors logged by the CAST Management Studio.||%TEMP%\CAST\CAST\<version_number>CAST-MSXX.log.txt||XX refers to a randomly generated number. |
See Log view for more information.
|Summary log||Captures interaction with the CAST Analysis Service and the Dashboard Service.||%TEMP%\CAST\CAST\<version_number>\ |
|Snapshot Generation log||Captures detailed information about the Snapshot Generation process.||%TEMP%\CAST\CAST\<version_number>\DssEngine.<date>.log.txt|
|CAST System View update log||Captures detailed information about the update of the CAST System Views - generated only when you generate a snapshot.||%TEMP%\CAST\CAST\<version_number>\RunCSV-<date>.castlog|
|Analysis log||Captures detailed information about the source code Analysis process.||%TEMP%\CAST\CAST\<version_number>\<Unique_Application_ID>\ |
|Delivery Manager Tool log||Captures detailed information from the Delivery Manager Tool||%TEMP%\CAST\CAST\<version_number>\<Unique_Application_ID>\ |
- Note that by default all log files function in append mode, so messages are sent to the same log file over multiple CAST Management Studio sessions. To switch off append mode, you need to activate the Include Date in Log file name option in the Preferences - this will force the creation of new logs each time an action (analysis, snapshot generation etc.) is carried out.
- You can change the location of some log files in Preferences.
Changing the location of the CAST-MSXX.log.txt file
To change the location of the CAST-MSXX.log.txt file from its default location in %TEMP%\CAST\CAST\<version_number>\, you need to modify the following file:
The file is located in the root of your CAST installation. First make sure that all CAST applications are closed, then proceed as follows:
- Remove the semi-colon (;) on the line containing CAST_CURRENT_USER_TEMP_PATH
- Change the path after the = sign to the location you require:
; Set current user's temporary pathCAST_CURRENT_USER_TEMP_PATH=D:\CAST\
- Save the CastGlobalSettings.ini file.
- Re-open the CAST Management Studio.
- Please note that changing the CAST_CURRENT_USER_TEMP_PATH in the CastGlobalSettings.ini will affect ALL CAST applications