Technology support changes
Please see Technology coverage changes in CAST AIP 8.3.x for more detailed discussion of this subject.
Installation and deployment
CAST Server Manager - CLI
Two new commands have been added - see Automating CAST Server Manager installation tasks for more details.
This option is equivalent to the Schema Installation option in the GUI for "combined" and will:
- create a combined installation from scratch (Management, Analysis and Dashboard Service schemas)
- provide a means to specify any additional extensions that need to be installed to the new combined installation (over and above the extensions that are always installed with CAST AIP)
- configure the Delivery folder path for the combined installation (not currently used)
This option is a multi-functional command that is aimed at two scenarios:
- Upgrade an existing combined installation (Management, Analysis and Dashboard Service schemas) to a new release of CAST AIP - equivalent to the Upgrade Installation option in GUI.
- Install new extensions, upgrade existing extensions or deactivate existing extensions to an existing combined installation (Management, Analysis and Dashboard Service schemas) - equivalent to the Manage Extensions option in the GUI.
- A combination of the above can also be run.
CAST Transaction Configuration Center
Excluding items as "technical" objects on a per-snapshot basis
When the default Automated Enhancement Points (AEP) measure is in use for snapshot generation (the default measure), it is now possible to configure all objects in an Excluded Item set as "technical" objects on a per-snapshot basis. In other words:
- objects which may be (but not necessarily) entry points, data entities and end points will be considered as "technical objects" and they will not impact the status of Transactional Functions in the next snapshot when the Automated Enhancement Point (AEP) measure is being used
- if the objects are entry points, data entities or end points, the complete Data Function or Transactional Function which have these objects as entry points, data entities or end points will not be considered at all for Function Point calculations in the next snapshot and the objects will be considered as "technical objects".
Values for previous snapshots will not be impacted by this new option, which is in contrast to excluding objects in the Evolution node, which is global to all snapshots.
Objects can be set as "technical" in any of the sub-nodes of the Excluded Items node:
Enhancement node - layout changes
The button Recompute checksums and snapshot statuses has now been removed and is now available as a right click menu option on the snapshot:
A new option is available in the right click menu to view the excluded objects in the selected snapshot:
This dialog is then displayed: the Processed in snapshot column indicates the status of the object's exclusion in the current snapshot and the Exclude type column shows how the object was excluded (through a "set", or manually in the Enhancement node):
A right click on an object in the Show excluded objects dialog and then selecting Snapshots will display a new dialog listing the exclusion status of the object in each snapshot where the object is present (Processed column):
The Keep existing exclusion checkbox has been removed from Shared objects exclusion dialog box. Now the objects identified by the sharing counter will be excluded and appended to the already existing exclusion objects. If needed, you can un-exclude any objects in the Enhancement Panel:
Additional column "ORIGIN" displayed in AETP export list
When using the Export List of Objects button in the Enhancement node, a new column has been added to the output .CSV file. This column is called "ORIGIN" and indicates:
- RULE: Objects that have been captured through a set
- MANUAL: Objects that have been manually excluded