Technology support changes
Please see Technology coverage changes in CAST AIP 8.3.x for more detailed discussion of this subject.
CAST Transaction Configuration Center
Excluding items as "technical" objects on a per-snapshot basis
When the default Automated Enhancement Points (AEP) measure is in use for snapshot generation (the default measure), it is now possible to configure all objects in an Excluded Item set as "technical" objects on a per-snapshot basis. In other words:
- objects which may be (but not necessarily) entry points, data entities and end points will be considered as "technical objects" and they will not impact the status of Transactional Functions in the next snapshot when the Automated Enhancement Point (AEP) measure is being used
- if the objects are entry points, data entities or end points, the complete Data Function or Transactional Function which have these objects as entry points, data entities or end points will not be considered at all for Function Point calculations in the next snapshot and the objects will be considered as "technical objects".
Values for previous snapshots will not be impacted by this new option, which is in contrast to excluding objects in the Evolution node, which is global to all snapshots.
Objects can be set as "technical" in any of the sub-nodes of the Excluded Items node:
Enhancement node - layout changes
- The button Recompute checksums and snapshot statuses has now been removed and is now available as a right click menu option on the snapshot:
- A new option is available in the right click menu to view the excluded objects in the selected snapshot - these objects will not impact Transactional Function values:
- The Keep existing exclusion checkbox has been removed from Shared objects exclusion dialog box. Now the objects identified by the sharing counter will be excluded and appended to the already existing exclusion objects. If needed, you can un-exclude any objects in the Enhancement Panel: