Importing/Exporting Environment Profiles
CAST provides a mechanism to import and export your user-defined "custom" Environment Profiles (it is not possible to export profiles created automatically by CAST).
Exporting Environment Profiles to file
To export your user-defined Environment Profiles, you need to:
- Right click the Analysis Service in the Services view and select Environment Profile > Export
- A standard Windows Save As dialog box will be displayed
- Choose a name and location for the file
- Click Save to finish
- All user-defined custom Environment Profiles will then be exported to one single file (with an .aex extension) - you cannot choose which profiles will be exported. This file will be in XML format.
Importing Environment Profiles from file
Before importing Environment Profiles, you need to make sure you have the .aex file containing your exported Environment Profiles (this may come from another installation or from a previous version of CAST).
- Right click the Analysis Service in the Services view and select Environment Profile > Import
- A standard Windows Open dialog box will be displayed
- Select the .aex file containing your exported Environment Profiles
- Click OK to start the import process.
- Your imported profiles will then be displayed in the Environment Profile Manager.
- Note that custom Environment Profiles are stored in the Analysis Service. Thus deleting or moving an .aex file following an import will not cause any adverse effects.