The CAST Application Analytics or Engineering Dashboard features a data cache to improve the speed at which data is displayed in the dashboard. This means that when requesting data, the CAST Application Analytics or Engineering Dashboard may return data direct from the cache rather than fetching it from the Measurement or Dashboard Service. In turn, this means that data displayed in the dashboard may not be up-to-date - particularly if you have very recently generated a snapshot and were expecting to see this new data.
To see the new data, you can manually force the cache to reload data from the Measurement or Dashboard Service, rather than waiting for it to do so automatically.
Via the RestAPI interface
- Browse to the following URL replacing server/port with the details of your environment:
- if you are already logged in, click the Test button to ensure you have an active session:
- You will get a response as follows:
|Logged in||Not logged in|
- If you are "logged in" you can proceed as below, otherwise, enter your user name and password and then click Login:
- Once logged in expand the Help section and click the Reload server memory cache button:
- The cache will then be reloaded with the most up-to-date data from the Measurement Service.
Via a command line for automation
You can also reload the cache via a command line - this enables you to automate the process if you are using CAST's command line interface to automate an analysis, snapshot generation and upload of data to the Measurement Service. You can use a tool such as cURL to do so, for example: