Summary: This section explains how to create the run the CAST Security setup i.e. the installation of a dedicated workstation with all CAST Security end-user applications.
Ensure that the target workstation meets all hardware and operating system requirements (see the CAST AIP requirements, they are identical: Appendix - CAST Administration workstation installation and hardware requirements)
Your login requires local "Administrator" privileges to run the setup. In addition, the setup requires elevated permissions and therefore needs to be run using the "Run as Administrator" option.
|The setup is delivered in a ZIP file. Make sure you have the required ZIP file ready and unzipped.|
Make sure that you disable your anti-virus software prior to launching the CAST AIP installer.
- Right click the setup.bat file located in the folder created during the unzip process:
- Choose Run as Administrator in the contextual menu (elevated privileges are required even if your Windows user login is part of an "Administrators" group).
- Click Next and then read and accept the License Agreement
- Choose a location for CAST Security - the setup will suggest: %PROGRAMFILES%\CAST For Security\<version>:
Please note that – generally speaking – the installation path must only contain ASCII characters or characters of the language (or language group) of your Windows operating system. For more details, see Characters allowed in the installation path in Appendix - CAST Administration workstation installation and hardware requirements for more information.
- Now choose locations for various CAST Security log, temporary and miscellaneous files. These locations will be valid for all CAST Security applications. There is no requirement to change these path locations unless you need to - the paths suggested in each screen are the default locations used by all applications in CAST Security. The locations can be overriden once the setup has completed by modifying the CastGlobalSettings.ini file.
- Click Next. A screen will then be displayed summarizing your choices:
- The installation process will then start on clicking Next.
- On completion, CAST Security will be ready for use. The setup will then offer to launch CAST Server Manager so that you can install your CAST Security schemas to the CAST Storage Service:
Which third-party items are installed by the CAST Security setup?
When you complete an installation using the CAST Security setup, if they are not already installed and in addition to the CAST Security components, the following third-party items will be installed to the target workstation:
- Visual C++ 64-bit Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2017
- Visual C++ 64-bit Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
- Visual C++ 32-bit Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
- Visual C++ 64-bit Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2010
.NET framework 4.5.2 (when required - if a more recent version is already present, then nothing is installed)
- Microsoft Build Tools 2015 (BuildTools_Full.exe)