Use the following search box to search in all sub pages:
Each CAST AIP release provides new features which improve the value of the platform and justify an upgrade. However, there are a number of changes or improvements which can impact the measurement results/grades:
- New or improved Quality Rules to perform deeper analysis
- Updates to the Assessment Model, e.g. changes to rule weights, severity or thresholds. This can be mitigated by using the "Preserve assessment model" option during the upgrade.
- Improvements of the language analysis, e.g. more fine-grained detection of objects or links
- Extended automatic discovery of files included in the analysis
- Bug fixes to improve the precision of results
- And, unfortunately, a new release may also introduce new bugs which may impact the results until they are discovered and removed
Below is a list of changes made to the current release of CAST AIP that are known to cause impacts to results. You can also consult Case Study - Measurement changes after upgrade for selected customer applications which provides a more detailed analysis based on a few sample applications.
Analyzing the root causes of impacts to measurement results/grades
The following is a general description of the steps that should be taken in order to compare pre and post upgrade results:
- Step 1: Take a snapshot (including a source code analysis) with the previous release of CAST AIP before upgrading to the new release of CAST AIP
- Check the list of applications to be analyzed, the list of files per application and list of SQL objects from the Analysis Service.
- Step 2: Compare the source code in version 1 (before upgrade) with the source code in the new version 2 (after upgrade)
- Compare the list of analyzed files, list of files per application and list of SQL objects between the two Analysis Services
- Step 3: Compare the results of the application analysis and snapshot post upgrade. This can be done by comparing the snapshots available in the Dashboard Service to find the differences in:
- Quality rules
Grades at Business Criteria level
Lines of code
Step 4: Compare the data functions and transactions across the source Analysis Service and the target Analysis Service post upgrade.