Upgrade batch file
The upgrade batch file (see Automating the CAST AIP Upgrade process) has undergone some improvements in CAST AIP 8.3.1:
- The upgrade batch file now works on a "per triplet" basis, i.e. all Applications in a triplet will be upgraded. As such there is no longer a need to specify which Applications you want to upgrade in the upgrade configuration file.
- The CASTUpgrade_Config.txt file has been split and some options have been moved into a new configuration file called CASTUpgrade_Steps.txt.
When deleting a snapshot (whether through the CAST Management Studio GUI or CLI (DeleteSnapshotsInList, DeleteSnapshotsWithinRange)), when changing the capture date on a snapshot (through the CAST Management Studio GUI), when performing a consolidate action on an older snapshot (through the CAST Management Studio GUI) or setting the capture date prior to existing snapshots for a snapshot (whether through the CAST Management Studio GUI or CLI), it is no longer necessary to perform a snapshot re-consolidation action to update data:
Remove one or multiple older snapshots
If you remove an older snapshot (i.e. not the most recent) then the next snapshot will be updated:
Update Functional Date
If you update the functional date now, three snapshots will be updated:
For these three snapshots, CAST AIP will:
If the snapshot you updated was already the latest, source code and object properties will be removed (as they no longer match with the new latest snapshot).
|Consolidate an older snapshot|
If you reconsolidate an older (i.e. not the most recent), then the next snapshot will be updated:
|Snapshot generation with a capture date that is before an existing snapshot|
If you generate a snapshot, with a capture date that is before an existing snapshot, the existing snapshot will be updated:
CAST Application Analytics / Engineering Dashboards / Rest API
User authentication / data authorization
An error in the example given in the roles.xml file (delivered with CAST Application Analytics / Engineering Dashboards and the Rest API) for configuring roles for LDAP groups has been corrected. In addition, the documentation has been updated as a result. The following pages have therefor been updated:
- CAST-AAD - Configuring user authentication
- CAST-AAD - Configuring data authorization
- CAST-AED - Configuring user authentication
- CAST-AED - Configuring data authorization
CAST Management Studio
The ImportAssessmentModel option introduced in CAST AIP 8.3.0 has been modified to remove the constraint on the naming of the .PMX file to be imported (there is now no constraint). See Automating CAST Management Studio tasks.