Summary: This section provides information about how to configure an icon for your extension.
When you upload an extension, you can optionally configure an icon to represent your extension in the CAST Extend website, or in the CAST Extension Downloader. For example, the icon for the official AngularJS extension:
In order to publish your extension documentation, the following is required:
You need a GitHub account. If you already have an account you can use this, but if not you will need to create a new one - see https://github.com/join.
- the GitHub account must be a "public" account
- the account you use to access the CAST Extend website is not linked to GitHub and therefore if you do not already have your own GitHub you will need to create a new GitHub account specifically to "host" the icon. You can use the same credentials (login/password) that you use for the CAST Extend website, but this is not mandatory.
Membership of the CAST-Extend GitHub organization
You need to become a member of the CAST Extend organization. You will receive an email from GitHub (in the mailbox used for your GitHub account) containing a link which you need to click to confirm the membership.
Existing GitHub repository
You need a GitHub repository in which to store the icon.
You need to prepare an icon as follows:
- PNG format
- Transparent background
- 260px X 260px
Upload the icon to the repository
- Upload the PNG file to your extension's repository (click to enlarge):
- Commit the changes to the master branch (click to enlarge):
Obtain the icon's raw URL
To use the icon with your extension, you need to obtain the "raw" URL from the GitHub repository:
- Right click the PNG file in the GitHub repository and open it in a new tab of your browser
- Copy the URL in the browser address bar - ensuring that it is the "raw" URL
Reference the icon's raw URL in the nuspec file
Edit your .nuspec file and ensure you reference the icon URL that you copied in the previous step, using the <iconUrl> tag:
No other steps are required. When the extension is uploaded to CAST Extend, the icon will be displayed automatically.