Summary: Any CAST User Community extension (i.e. a custom extension) requires documentation that is freely available on the internet. CAST highly recommends creating the documentation within the GitHub repository you are using for the source code. This page describes the steps required to publish documentation in GitHub.
- In the GitHub repository (see Prerequisites and top-tips for creating a custom extension for more information about this) you are using to store the custom extension's source code, click the Wiki tab:
- Create a new page that will contain the extension documentation:
- Change the title of the page:
- Now enter the documentation, using the CAST-Extend template as inspiration: https://github.com/CAST-Extend/Template/wiki/Your-Extension-Documentation:
- When the documentation is complete, you can link directly to it in the Extension Description file.