The Application scope is the default "view" for any Application. It presents items in the Application in varying different grouping methods and in different layers:
Click to enlarge
Accessing the Application scope
|Double click on node||Level 1 - 4||Drill down to the next level.|
|Level 5 |
Drill down to Vignette mode i.e.: Objects level + drill mode Children + Caller/Callee + Group by communities (depending on the object selected). See also User Guide - GUI for more information on Drill and Communities modes.
Click to expand
|Note that this action is equivalent to the right click options Children + caller/callee.|
If more than 500 child nodes exist, then a popup will be displayed allowing you to search for the objects you need to view:
- Enter a search term to list matching objects - tick the objects you wish to view (or use the Select All menu):
- Use the Expand with and Number of objects options to restrict the results:
|Objects and Vignette mode||Expand and investigate the selected object.|
|Shift + Double click on white space||All levels||Drill up to the next level.|
|Right click on node||Levels 1 - 4|
- Properties > Displays information about the node in the right hand slide in panel:
- Expand All > Expand and investigate the selected node (same as double click)
- Hide node > Use this to hide selected nodes. To unhide, either use the "Undo" option or refresh the page. It is not possible to hide a concept node or a group node, in which case the option will not be available.
- Properties > Displays information about the node in the right hand slide in panelin panel (see User Guide - Properties panel):
- Add callers/callees > Retrieves all caller/called objects. Links are added to the selected object and to any other objects present where a link exists. The number in square brackets in the contextual menu indicates the number of items available.
- Add linked objects > See User Guide - Using the Add linked objects feature for more information.
- Add 2 levels of Callers/Callees > Same principal as the Add Callers/Callees options, but instead displays two levels of objects.
- Associate to custom aggregation > See User Guide - Creating a custom aggregation mode.
- Show source code > See See User Guide - Viewing source code.
- Hide node/object > Use this to hide selected nodes. To unhide, either use the "Undo" option or refresh the page. It is not possible to hide a concept node or a group node, in which case the option will not be available.
- Remove object > Use this option to remove the object from the current view. When you reload the view the object will be re-displayed.
- Properties > Displays information about the object in the right hand slide in panel (see User Guide - Properties panel):
|Single click on edge||Levels 1 - 5||N/A|
|Objects and Vignette mode|
Displays all the methods that are linked between classes and provides additional actions such as:
- view source code
- method information
- add caller/callees
See User Guide - Using the Method view for more information.
|Double click on edge||Levels 1 - 4|
Drill-down to the next level will occur and the node/links involved in the clicked edge will be highlighted. All other nodes will be masked (reduced opacity):
Example of double clicking an edge/link in Level 3 - click to enlarge
View will open showing the contents (child objects and caller/callees on child objects - child objects are grouped by object type) of the edge/link that was double clicked. A "vignette" is displayed in the upper left (can be moved as required) to indicate original location of the selected edge/link.
Click to enlarge
|Objects and Vignette mode||N/A|