The Silverlight extension is deprecated and no new development will be actioned. All new features and functionality for the support of Silverlight are now handled instead by the .NET XAML extension. Please see the section of documentation entitled Existing extensions for WPF and Silverlight for more information about the .NET XAML extension and the impacts of moving to it.
On this page:
Users of the extension providing Silverlight support for C# and VB.NET.
Summary: This document provides basic information about the beta release of the extension providing Silverlight support for C# and VB.NET
CAST AIP release
|8.3.x||C# and VB.NET|
|x||C# and VB.NET|
Supported DBMS servers
This extension is compatible with the following DBMS servers:
|Microsoft SQL Server|
|An installation of any compatible release of CAST AIP (see table above)|
Download and installation instructions
Include the extension using the interface in AIP Console:
There is nothing further to do. Follow the instructions below to run a new analysis/snapshot to generate new results:
- Advanced onboarding - run and validate the initial analysis
- Advanced onboarding - snapshot generation and validation
- Binding in code is not supported - see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms742863(v=vs.110).aspx?cs-save-lang=1&cs-lang=csharp#code-snippet-1 for an example
Binding links are not handled correctly when the same binding target exists in different classes
- The direction of the data flow (Binding.Mode properties such as OneWay, TwoWay and OneWayToSource) is not supported - see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms752347(v=vs.110).aspx#direction_of_data_flow for an example
- The RelativeSource property (Gets or sets the binding source by specifying its location relative to the position of the binding target) is not supported - see https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.data.binding.relativesource(v=vs.110).aspx for an example
- Some XAML control objects which are visible in CAST Enlighten may not be seen in the CAST Application Engineering Dashboard.
- Links between XAML Control objets objects and code embedded in XAML are not supported.