Release - 2.16
UI- Improved performance to display large graphs: You can now view large graphs without using the "Stop layout" to halt the animation.To decrease the time taken to plot enormous graphs, some significant adjustments are made to improve the turnaround time. With this improvement, the progressive rendering behavior (where you had to click "Stop layout" to halt the animation) is eliminated from Imaging for all large graphs. See User Guide - GUI - Menus and Icons#centreCentre
UI - Login page - Login Service error message: If the login service fails, an error message is displayed instead of a blank page. See User Guide - GUI#Errormessages
UI - OpenAI Key Configuration in Admin Panel - Incorrect GPT Key: In the Admin Panel, if you enter an invalid GPT key then you get the following error message: “Invalid GPT key, please contact administrator”. See User Guide - OpenAI Integration#Configuration
UI - Welcome Page - Imaging Advisor - Info about Rationale, Remediation, Remediation Sample: You may now view info about 'Rationale', 'Remediation', and 'Remediation Sample' in Imaging Advisor. In Imaging Advisor, under graph view - a split screen is introduced just below the object table to display 'Rationale', 'Remediation', and 'Remediation Sample'. See User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page - Imaging Advisor#Getmoreinsights
UI - Welcome Page - Cloud Readiness and Containerization Insights: In preview section, blockers are highlighted in red and boosters are highlighted in green thus helps you to easily differentiate between blockers and boosters. After click on Investigate button, preview graph will be displayed in custom (search) view with highlight on Cloud Ready blockers/boosters and Containerization blockers. See User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page - Cloud Migration information
UI - Welcome Page - Imaging Advisor - Cloud Migration: You may now now do migration to following cloud providers: AWS (Amazon Web Services) and Oracle Cloud. See User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page - Imaging Advisor
UI - Investigate View - Context Menu: Highlight > Callers and Callees are now renamed as Callers Graph and Callees Graph in the contextual menu. See User Guide - Using the Highlight options
UI - Welcome Page - Tutorial: You get improved tutorial message after completing the tutorial. See User Guide - GUI - Menus and Icons#Leftsidebarmenus
UI - Open AI - Context Menu: The 'Explain' option is hidden from the context menu, if you don not configure the OpenAI API key in the Admin page. See User Guide - OpenAI Integration#Configuration
UI - Open AI - Error Handling: Notifications are added in Open AI to handle errors such as: No internet connection, Source code too large, GPT servers busy and Invalid GPT key. See User Guide - OpenAI Integration#Errorhandling
UI- Login Page - License message: Removed the following warning message: "A new license policy now exists for CAST Imaging, please contact CAST Sales Service or Support for more details" which was displayed in case of an old licesnse key.
UI - Third Party Component Upgrade – Support for analysis of npm packages: You can now see the npm packages linked with object and level 5 under Third Party Component Upgrade. See User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page - Modernizing Applications
UI - Third Party Component Upgrade – Advisories CVE: You now have Advisories CVE, in Third Party Component Upgrade along with Critical, High, Medium and Low.
- UI - Welcome Page - API Inventory: You may now filter the API Inventory using the newly added "Type of Access" filter option. It supports GET/PUT/POST/DELETE filter options. See User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page - APIs Inventory.
- UI - Welcome Page - Lines of code for Languages: You may now view the Lines of code for the Languages if applicable in app overview. Lines of Codes for the technologies are displayed if Lines of Codes (LOC) for Language/s is not present.
- UI - Investigate Panel - Show List View: "Show Tabular View" is renamed to "Show List View". See User Guide - GUI - Investigate panel#drillcommunitiesDrilldown/Communitiesmodeoptions
- UI - Admin Center - OpenAI: OpenAI Key is moved to the admin panel's license tab. Now you may use manual procedure for adding OpenAI it to the service configuration. The OpenAI API key can be added to or updated using this feature by the administrator. See User Guide - OpenAI Integration
- UI - OpenAI - Annotations: You may now store the OpenAI description as annotations.
UI - App Insights - CloudReady boosters in Could Readiness: Cloud Ready boosters are now available using HL2MRI extension. You may now view cloudReady boosters on Cloud Readiness of Welcome Page. Also, cloudReady boosters highlight is added in App Insights.
- UI - Insights - CAST Engineering Dashboard and CAST Highlight subscription: You will be notified if you don't have access to CAST Engineering Dashboard (Structural Flaw) or CAST Highlight (CloudReady and Containerization flaw) when you try to view the flaws.
- UI - Third Party Components Upgrade - CVE: You can now see the Components CVEs based on their Criticality, and clicking on these buttons will show a popup that contains the list of CVEs of that particular criticality. See User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page - Modernizing Applications
- UI - Investigate view - Visual Grouping: Visibility of the selected node and edges on click after applying visual grouping is improved. The nodes are now not dimmed, and the width of the edges are increased. The type of edge is now shown on the edge. The size of the nodes not belonging to any of the group is updated to be of the same size as of other nodes. Changing the display by changing the layout or by changing the direction or other options is supported with visual grouping. See User Guide - GUI - Menus and Icons
- UI - Investigate view - Advance Search: Advance configuration options are made consistent across Imaging, you now have Regex pattern and SearchBy (Name and FullName) in Transaction, Data Call Graph, Path finder and saved view search.
- UI - Tag based Search for Transaction scope and Data Call Graph (DCG): You may now search for Transaction scope and Data Call Graph (DCG) based on tags. The Advance Configurations option allows you to search for Transaction scope and Data Call Graph based on Tags. (Filter by > Tags). See User Guide - Transaction scope#Filteringthelistofavailabletransactions
UI - Legends - Status Property: In objects level, you may now view the status property (modified/added/unchanged). When you click on a Status, all the objects with that status are highlighted. See User Guide - GUI - Legend panel#Interactivity and User Guide - GUI - Legend panel#Objects
- UI - Selection Tools - Reverse Selection: You may now do a reverse selection using the option "Reverse Selection". You may use this option to select all the unselected nodes and deselect the selected nodes from the current view. See User Guide - GUI - Menus and Icons#Leftsidebarmenus
- UI - Welcome Page - Feedback Button: You may now give your feedback/suggestion about the product using the new icon (Product feedback / Suggestion) added in the Welcome page header. See User Guide - GUI - Toolbar menu options.
- UI- Welcome Page - OpenAI Integration: The OpenAI feature (an cutting-edge technology) gets you an access to the source code explanation. This feature is currently in beta and is available for limited use. See User Guide - OpenAI Integration
- UI - Welcome Page - Imaging Advisor BETA: Beta icon is added for Imaging advisor. See User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page#OptionsintheWelcomepage
- UI - Document Tags - Prefix restriction: You are restricted from saving documents with tags having following prefix: Status-, CloudReady -, Containerization -, StructuralFlaw.
- UI - Explore APIs Inventory: You can now explore overview of the API Inventory with scope as Private and Public.
- UI - Visual Grouping: You can now visually group the objects in Module, Service, Architecture Model aggregated by scopes on drill down of EDGES. Visual grouping can be triggered from the left menu visual group option and can also be removed from there. The edges or links between visually grouped objects can be seen onClick of those objects. See User Guide - GUI - Menus and Icons.
- UI - App to App - Search based on properties: In App to App dependency view, you may search based on these three properties: Number of Decision Points, Lines of code and Number of Artifacts. See User Guide - Application to Application dependencies scope#Applicationsearchoption
Release - 2.15
Release Notes - 2.15.0-funcrel
- UI - Welcome Page - Imaging Advisor: The “Imaging Advisor” provides specific insights and recommendations (Note: Only to the applications containing Mainframe code) to accelerate the transformation of "legacy" applications to the Cloud. In this release, you will get 'Retire' phase recommendations during Cloud migration. See: User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page - Imaging Advisor.
- UI - Welcome Page - Third Party Components upgrade: The “Third Party Components Upgrade” tile, now available in Welcome page, lets you to get modernization info from Welcome Page based on the info from Highlight to MRI extension. See User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page#ThirdPartyComponentsUpgrade
- UI - Config Center - Manage Application Level-5 nodes: The "Config Center" lets the user (users with the role admin/architect) hide/unhide nodes available in level 5. In the Config Center, tenants and associated applications are available for selection - and the corresponding level-5 nodes of the selected application are listed and can be shown/hidden individually or in group/s. After performing the action (hide) the nodes will not be visible in the view for all the users and the same reflects in levels 1 to 4. See: Config Center Admin Center - Configuring data source
- UI - Admin Center - Configure Datasource: Admin/super admin users can now configure (add and edit) the data sources for source code service from the UI in the Admin Centre. See Admin Center - Configuring data source
- UI - Legend panel - Insights tab: The "Insights" tab, added to the Legends panel, allows users to view an object's critical violations, vulnerabilities, flaws, etc. Upon selecting a specific type of vulnerability, the objects in the view that have this type of flaw are highlighted. Selecting the highlighted objects will then display details about the specific flaw or vulnerability in the object. See: User Guide - GUI - Legend panel#Insights
- UI - Annotations: The "Document" feature is renamed as "Annotations". All existing references in the UI to "Document" have been changed to "Annotations". In addition, Badges have been added for nodes with associated annotations (documents) and the number of associated annotations (documents) are now displayed in the tool tip. See: User Guide - Using the Annotate feature
- UI - Highlight Caller, Callee and Path: The newly added Highlight Callers option highlights all the objects that are calling the selected object, the Highlight Callee option highlights all objects that are called by the selected object, and the Highlight path option highlights all paths between selected objects - if a path exists. See User Guide - Using the Highlight options.
- UI - Internal object search improvement: The new feature update lets you search multiple objects at once in custom aggregation. See User Guide - Creating a custom aggregation mode#Searchinganinternalobject
- UI - Graphical view - ALT+R: A shortcut ALT+R can now be used for reverse selection in graphical view. On pressing ALT+R the selected nodes would get unselected whereas the remaining nodes would get selected on the canvas. . User Guide - GUI - Keyboard shortcut keys
- UI - Icon/Badge for Annotations: An icon/badge is now displayed on objects/nodes to indicate that they have an associated annotation. See: User Guide - Using the Annotate feature
- UI - Display of the source code in a pop-up window - New icon: A new icon is added in source code viewer tab to allow users to view source code in a new pop-up window. See User Guide - Viewing source code
- UI - Investigate menu - Tabular view: In Investigate view users can now switch to a tabular view. The table will display the following information: objects name, types, children count and external type. See User Guide - GUI - Investigate panel
- UI - Maintain zoom level state: The zoom level set by users in the view is now maintained and reflected in the "vignette" as well as the main view on drilling down and closing the objects/sub-objects view. Previously, the zoom state was not maintained, which meant on returning to the main view after investigating an object, the view needed to be manually set again.
- UI - Node Selection Color: The selection, hover and highlight colors of nodes have been changed from red to blue.
- UI - Welcome Page - Version Date: Version date has been added in the app info section of Welcome Page. For apps without version date ‘-’ is displayed.
- UI - Pop-up "toaster" messages: Pop-up "toaster" messages are now displayed in the top center of the screen to improve visibility. Previously these pop-up messages were displayed in the bottom right corner.
- UI - Legends panel - Insights tab: A new tab called Insights has been added to the Legends panel which functions at Object level and allows user to view an object's critical violations, vulnerabilities, flaws and blockers, etc. Upon selecting a specific type of vulnerability, the objects in the view that have this type of flaw or blocker are highlighted. Selecting the highlighted object will then display details about the specific flaw or blocker in the object:
In order to view this information, the following prerequisites exist:
In all cases, the application will ALSO need to be re-imported into CAST Imaging.
- UI - Config Center - Manage Level-5 nodes: The new feature Config Center can be used to hide/unhide a single node, group of nodes or an isolated node in level-5, thus helps user to view the only required nodes while analyzing an application. This feature is accessible only by the users with the role admin/architect. In the Config Center admin/architect can select the tenant and the associated apps. All the level-5 nodes of the selected app are listed and can be shown/hidden individually or in group/s. After performing the action (hide) the nodes will not be visible in the graph for all the users and same would reflect in level 1 to 4.
- UI - All scope views and all level: The existing options available on the view called Show Callees and Show Path have been renamed to Highlight Callee and Highlight Path and moved into the right click contextual menu. In addition a new option called Highlight Caller has been implemented and added in the contextual menu with the other two options. These three options are enabled on all scopes and levels in Imaging. See: User Guide - GUI - Menus and Icons#Toprightcorner and User Guide - Using the Highlight options
- UI - Maintaining the Zoom state of graph: A new feature - Zoom state of graph is implemented which helps to maintain the zoom state as well as the drilled down node/edge in the graph. This zoom and drilled down node/edge now reflects in the vignette as well as the main graph when returning from its drilled down view.
- UI- Feature update: An icon or a badge for Annotations/Notes is displayed on the nodes to indicate that it is associated Annotations/Notes:
- UI - Feature update - internal object search improvement: Custom aggregation search has been improved, now you can search for multiple objects at once:
- UI - Welcome page - Imaging Advisor: The new feature "Imaging Advisor" provides specific insights to accelerate the transformation of "legacy" applications (Note: Only applications containing Mainframe code) to the Cloud. It also provides a set of recommendations and in this release, you will get 'Retire' phase recommendations.
- Feature update: Annotations: The "Document" feature (where notes can be added to the view) has been renamed as "Annotations". All existing references in the UI to "Document" have been changed to "Annotations". In addition, Badges have been added for nodes with associated annotations (documents) and the number of associated annotations (documents) are now displayed in the tool tip:
Release - 2.14
- UI - Welcome page - Cloud Migration information: A new section and tiles has been added to the Welcome Page to support application cloud migration. See User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page - Cloud Migration information and User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page. This information is generated in conjunction with CAST Highlight.
- UI - Welcome page - Version number: The version number is displayed in app info section. For apps without version name ‘-’ is displayed. Refer: User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page
- UI - Search in view - Object full name: Objects can now be serached either by entering the Object name or Object full name. Refer: User Guide - Search for items
- UI - Admin center - All Applications: If/when all applications are selected for a non-admin role, the drop-down will display “All applications” instead of listing all the applications.
- UI - Pagination dropdown - Search modal: You may now set the limit for number of search results to be displayed in Pagination search modal. Selecting ‘All’ lets you view all the results. Refer: User Guide - Search for items#Objectsearch
- UI - Global Search - Custom properties: Configure option in Properties Panel for Object view lets admin user to add custom properties to the global search. Refer: Admin Center - Search panel
UI - Reports – New reports to identify patterns and roadblocks in modernisation: Two new reports, "Most Referenced Data Objects" under Reference and "Lines of Code Per Technology Artifact" under Application are added. The newly added report types help you to pull only the most referenced data objects and Application Info, Technology vs LOC, a link to see LOC per artifact for each technology, where LOC per technology is also provided. Refer: User Guide - Reports
- UI - App to App view - Enable App to App View for individual applications: A new application selector panel has been enabled when accessing the Application to Application Dependencies scope. You may now select any two applications, multiple applications or all the applications to view their App to App dependencies. Refer: User Guide - Application to Application dependencies scope
- Feature update: You may view the sub-links in relationships legends. You may also hide/unhide the sub-links for direct links. Refer: User Guide - GUI - Menus and Icons
Release - 2.13
- UI - Feature Updates - Welcome page:
- Loader screen: If there is a delay in loading the Welcome page, loader screen is displayed to let you know that the page is in the process of loading.
- App size: App size, in the application overview section, displays the size of the selected application based on the number of lines of codes (LOC), giving you a quick info about the size of the application. Tooltip is displayed when the mouse is hovered on S, M, L, XL, and XXL. Refer: User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page
- Welcome Guide: The Welcome guide option (provided in the Preferences) allows you to view a detailed description of the selected view. Refer: Configuring display preferences#WelcomeGuideWelcomeGuide
- Configuring landing page: Using Preferences, you can set the preferred landing page. By default the landing page is 'Welcome Page' but it can be switched to 'Imaging Menu'. Refer: Configuring display preferences#Preferredlandingpage
- View Information: Is visible when you click on any tab/link from the Welcome page which navigates to Imaging Menu section. View Information lets you view a brief description about the selected tab/link. Refer: User Guide - GUI - Investigate panel
- Feature Update - App to App Dependencies tile: In App to App Dependencies tile following tabs: "Applications," "App to App linkages," and "Rules definition" are now available by default. "Rules definition" tab allows you to make changes to the rules even when the links are not displayed. Refer: Admin Center - Application to Application Dependencies management
- UI - Transaction and Data Call Graph (DCG) scope - Drill mode options: The new drill down option lets you to drill-down using "Children only, group by communities" or "Children only" found in context menu or "Drill mode options" in Transactions or Data Call Graph (DCG) scope. Refer: User Guide - Data Call Graph scope and User Guide - Transaction scope
UI - Admin Center - Application Management - Version column: Version column is added to Application Management panel. This Column indicates the name of the version as defined in CAST Console when the application was analyzed. Refer: Admin Center - Application management panel
Note: The version column displays the version name only when:
The application is analyzed with com.castsoftware.applicationinformation extension and
If you have upgraded to Imaging ≥ 2.12 but retained applications imported with older releases.
- UI - Call Hierarchy - Improvements: The Call Hierarchy feature decoupled from the Path Finder feature now has its own entry in the right click contextual menu at Objects level and with its own dedicated dialog box. Refer: User Guide - Using the Call Hierarchy feature
- UI - Improvements - Document-It: Document-It documents are now available in a new tab in the right hand panel with a newly introduced search option. Refer: User Guide - Using the Annotate feature#Viewingexistingdocuments.
- UI - Application to Application Dependencies - multi app badge: The newly added badge to objects (at object level) indicates whether the object belongs to another application. Clicking the object displays the applications to which the object belongs to and selecting the application will load the Application to Application Dependencies. Refer: User Guide - Application to Application dependencies scope.
- UI - Feature Updates - Standardize Search Modals:
- Standardization: Search modal across the application are now standardized.
- Precise search option: Helps user to search objects precisely. Refer: User Guide - Search for items
Release - 2.12
- Welcome page: Takes the user to the new insight page which gives an overview about the technical aspects of the selected application. Refer: User Guide - GUI - Welcome Page
- Scope of callers/callees: Provides "scope of callers/callees" for the current scope view and application level view. This helps user to get callers/callees of current view only, or of all callers/callees. Refer: User Guide - GUI - Investigate panel#perspectivePerspectiveoptions
- Save a view in App to App dependencies: Save view" functionality has now been enabled when App to App dependency scope is used. Refer: User Guide - Saving and accessing saved views#Savingaview
- Path Finder Enhancements: Path Finder search is enhanced and now “search for object type” displays only the objects which have relevant paths and helps user to avoid landing in an empty canvas. Refer: User Guide - Using the Path Finder feature
Release - 2.11
- Removal of "virtual" input and output nodes: The "virtual" input and output nodes displayed at the object level (in the Transaction and Data Call Graph scopes) caused confusion as they were considered real input or output nodes. To avoid confusion, the "virtual" input and output nodes have been removed.
- Custom Scope - Undo removed objects: When using the Custom scope (results of a global object search), it is now possible to use the Undo/Redo options in the bottom left corner of the view to re-instate an object that has been removed hence helps the user to retrieve/recover the deleted object.
- Admin - Preferences - Preferred Graph Layout: The Preferred Graph Layout option is now applied to the Custom scope, and the Application scope.
- Preferences - Advanced Search Configurations: The "Object Search filter" settings have been renamed to "Advanced Search Configurations". Now, these settings are also valid for the new Transactions and Data Call Graph scope filter result search mechanism. See
- UI - Saved view: When a view is saved, the view is saved with the username (who creates it) and the timestamp (the date and time when the view was created). Whenever the saved view is updated (either by the same user or another user) it is saved with username (who updates it) and the timestamp (the date and time when the view was updated).
- A Note added to the Path Finder feature: When a user is in Path Finder mode, they will get the following note: "You are currently using a beta feature and CAST would like to hear your feedback. Write to us at email@example.com".
- Transaction and Data Call Graph scopes - search filter options: Two options previously available in the filter settings (Case Sensitivity and Position) have been removed and have now been added to a new "search" mechanism available for the results of a filtering action.
- View legend: Changes have been made to the "Legend" in the main view: 1) Objects are now displayed in two separate groups: Objects and External Objects (new in this release) to make it easier to distinguish between objects that are considered external to the application scope. 2) The Select All/Unselect All options have been renamed as Hide All/Show All.
- Pop-up message - Large Transactions: The pop-up message, which appears when user tries to download large transactions, has been updated.
- Random node colours are generated for views: Random node colours are generated for views. In the previous releases, a significant number of nodes used only blue colours..
- Removal of overlap of nodes (Sequential Layout): In case of a large number of Nodes, they would overlap making it difficult for the user to get a clear view of the nodes. The overlap of nodes issue has been fixed.
- Middle ellipses for the bigger class names: Class names with more than 60 characters had initial characters followed by ellipses. This caused confusion when there was more than one classname with similar initial characters. This issue has been fixed, now Class names with more than 60 characters are having middle ellipses. The following pattern is followed: 10 character + ellipses + 49. character
Release - 2.10
- Path Finder and Call Graph (beta) feature: A new feature is added that allows a Call Graph to be displayed from the selected source object (rather than having to choose a target/destination object).
- Large graph rendering stop button: A new Stop Layout button has been implemented which replaces the existing stop icons in the bottom right corner and has the same behaviour as those icons.
- Show path improvements: Now ALL the available paths from source to target node are highlighted and the source and target objects are selected directly in the view.
- Data Call Graph scope filter based on link types: When filtering in the Data Call Graph scope, the option to filter on link types accessing the output has been added.
- Notify objects count popup changes: Now a .CSV file can be downloaded, containing the list of objects that would be displayed in the resulting view.
- Saved views - Avoid using existing name: Imaging now will not allow users to save a view with a name that already exists. A warning message is now displayed when this is attempted.
- Current view search: It is now possible to select all (using a "Select All" checkbox) items returned by the current view
- Transaction and Data Call Graph filtering improvements: The UI design of the Transaction and Data Call Graph filtering mechanism has been improved and sort icons added (alphabetical/and by number of objects in the Reduced Call Graph)
- Minor change to Input/Output items: The highlighting used for Input/Output items in the Transaction and Data Call Graph scopes has changed slightly: instead of "flashing" red circles around the items, the red circles are static.
- App to App Dependencies - External Libraries: When an Application search includes an External Library, any matching Applications will be displayed along with the External Library object.
- Right hand panel improvements: The UI design for the right hand panel has been changed for a better user experience. We now show "Legends", "Object Properties" and "Source Code" under the same panel. The panel can also be resized, closed completely or popped out into a standalone dialog box.
- Full Call Graph Count: Count is added to the Full Call Graph option in Graph Options button.
- Change node and object icons from SVG to font rendering: All icons used for nodes and objects in the view now use font rendering instead of SVG files. This has been done primarily to improve performance when the view is loaded, which is particularly useful when a large number of nodes/objects are present in the view.
- Application to Application link count notification: Following the successful generation of Application to Application links, a notification will be displayed listing the total number of links (not new links) that have been generated between applications.
Release - 2.9
- Search by properties - it is now possible to perform an application object search based on the values of specific properties assigned to each object, such as Line of Code or Cyclomatic Complexity values.
- Show callees and Show path options - on screen options at Object level to highlight all objects being called by the selected object and any paths between the selected object and another object currently present in the view.
- Path Finder (beta) feature - a feature to find and highlight paths (the shortest or all paths) between any two given objects.
Release - 2.8
- Improvements to App to App Dependencies scope:
- view Orphans feature
- view API Nodes feature
- App Insight feature - provides an overview of the current application and provides direct links to specific views which can help kick-start the investigation process
- Admin Center - license key UI improvements
- Preferences dialog UI improvements
Release - 2.7
- Report generation
- Configure the double-click drill down behaviour for nodes at Level 5
- Improvements to App to App Dependencies scope:
- Custom scope
- Application search
Release - 2.6
- Navigation through object properties
- Filter list of available Transactions or Data call graphs
- New "ABAP Packages" aggregation mode for applications containing SAP ABAP source code
Release - 2.5
Release - 2.4
- New Node Snapping option
- Undo or Redo graph actions
- Visual Grouping - BETA
- Custom Aggregation mode improvements
- Enrich saved views
- Source code viewer - light/dark theme, formatting improvements
- Provide more details on "References" links
- Application to Application Dependencies scope - hide links
Release - 2.3
- Custom aggregation mode
- Level slider for Application scope and CAST Taxonomy aggregation mode
- Improved handling of ETL Jobs for Import, Update, Remove, ETL Automation and Link generation for App to app dependencies: multi-action jobs
Release - 2.2
- New Service scope in the GUI.
- New Inter Application Dependencies scope in the GUI
- New Tutorial feature in the GUI.
- New design for Document-It feature
- New Scope investigation using aggregation modes - CAST Taxonomy, Modules, Services and list of Architecture Models.
- Investigate panel redesigned
- Levels have been implemented for Modules and Architectural Models views
- Role/permissions creation and management now supported in all authentication modes
Release - 2.1
- New Admin Center GUI.
- New Investigate panel GUI.
- New Hide/Unhide options.
- Node properties displayed on single click on node.
- exporter.exe: new options --database and --limitedscope. See Export the CSV data.
- Preferences have been removed from the Admin Center and placed in a floating menu, accessible from the user menu.
- Views can be saved in drill down mode (beyond Level5) and vignettes, legends, hidden objects etc. will be retained.
- Saved views can be exploited like any standard view.
- Communities expand options have been moved into the Investigate panel GUI.
- Add Linked Objects right click option now includes method objects.
Release - 2.0
- Investigate details of the objects like paragraph, methods.
- Add tags option has been enabled on Saved views.
- Using successive view, users can create a view workflow.
- Export/Import data from one CAST Imaging instance to another. This feature is mainly aimed at supporting pilots and assessments and also for System Integrators who support CAST Imaging for multiple customers.
- Object info displays more information about the object - mutability, inherited class, mapping strategy, polymorphism, table name, extended Type.
- Edge grouping on multiple edges between nodes.
- Packages based grouping on Objects using multiple grouping algorithms- Keep immediate, Group others and Keep all.
- New graph layouts added - Grid and Radial Layout.
- Linux Docker Installer introduced to help users install CAST Imaging, export/import application data and copy data from one CAST Imaging instance to another on Linux operating systems.
- Link investigation implemented for Modules and Architecture model views.
- User Preferences screen is added to configure language, maximum number of views, node limit, edge limit, cypher search, application walkthrough(animation), source code alias etc.
- Investigate on callers/callers of multiple objects at a time.
- User can configure batch size to improve application import performance, assuming additional memory to Neo4j also allocated.
- View and Objects documentation will help user to create documents on views or set of objects.
- Audit trail logs for user actions now implemented out of the box.
- External/isolated filters on objects.
- Imaging Helper to guide users through different types of available drill-downs.
- Search linked objects of objects before adding it to the view.
Health status indicators to keep users informed on running status of all the services.
- Other UI changes to improve user usability, such as:
- comments background color configuration
- different expand children with callers/callees, communities
- hide nodes option on object right click
- object search