The Delivery Folder Migration Tool is a tool that is required during the process of importing applications into AIP Console from CAST Management Studio or when performing a Delivery folder split.
CAST AIP Console uses a different format of Delivery folder (since version 1.13) than the format that is used in legacy deployments of CAST AIP using CAST Management Studio or in AIP Console ≤ 1.12.x. Therefore, before an application can be imported into AIP Console or an update to AIP Console ≥ 1.13.x can be actioned, the files stored in the existing Delivery folder relative to the Applications to be imported or updated, must be transformed into the format that the AIP Console can understand.
Therefore, this tool serves two purposes:
- For importing Applications into AIP Console from CAST Management Studio:
- it will first copy the files for the selected Applications stored in the existing Delivery folder configured in CAST Management Studio into the Delivery folder configured for the target AIP Node where the application will be managed.
- it will then transform these files into a structure that AIP Console can understand;
- the existing Delivery folder remains unchanged
- When preparing an update to AIP Console ≥ 1.13.x.
The latest release of this tool is also delivered with each major or minor release of AIP Console in the following location on EACH AIP Node. CAST recommends downloading the tool to ensure that you have the latest release.:
If in doubt, CAST recommends downloading and using the tool to ensure that you have the latest release.
Existing and AIP Console Delivery folder formats
The following image shows the structure of the existing and AIP Console Delivery folder formats. In essence, the new format allows each Application to have a specific "plugins" folder, which in turn allows more flexibility with regard to the extensions that can be used with an Application:
|Access to the existing Delivery folder. This can be remote to the machine you are running the tool from.|
|Access to the AIP Console Delivery folder. This can be remote to the machine you are running the tool from.|
|Access to the CAST Storage Service/PostgreSQL instance used to manage the Application schemas (when importing Applications from CAST Management Studio only).|
Instructions for using the tool are provided in Import an Application managed with CAST Management Studio into AIP Console and in Delivery folder split.
when tool is run
The following Applications will be skipped during the migration processwhen the tool is run:
- Any Applications that have no delivered source code
- Applications that have a duplicate management ID in index.xml (this file is located in the existing Delivery folder)
- Applications whose management ID is not present in the Management schema
- Applications with duplicate management IDs at schema level (same management ID present in different schema or across server)
- Applications present in the Management schema whose schema name is not in align with site_name in the sys_site table
This file is located at the root of the AIP Console delivery folder location and contains the mapping of uuid and app names for all Applications managed in he new Delivery folder by AIP Console.