|Note that CAST highly recommends updating to the new release of AIP Console to take advantage of new features and bug fixes. See Update Upgrade process for more information about this.|
This release of AIP Console embeds the following release of the CAST Health and Engineering Dashboards (see Configure Install CAST Dashboards - new customers for more information):
The instructions provided for existing customers to support their move from CAST Management Studio to AIP Console have been re-written and restructured specifically for use with AIP Console ≥ 1.18. See Import an Application managed with CAST Management Studio into AIP Console.
GUI - Application Management screen has been redesigned
- When the global CAST AIP license is 15 days from expiry
- When an Application's AIP release is more recent than the current AIP Node's AIP release > the AIP Node must be updated before any actions can be run
- When an Application's AIP release is older than the current AIP Node's AIP release > the Application must be upgraded before any actions can be run
- It is no longer possible to select per Technology as an Auto Generate option, instead, the per Technology option is now available when using the Add button to create a User Defined Module. This now replicates the behaviour seen in CAST Management Studio.
- When changing the Auto Generate option to a new strategy (for example from Full Content to per Analysis Unit), existing modules will no longer be removed when the next analysis is run as is the case in previous releases of AIP Console. Instead all previous modules will be retained indefinitely.
- When using the Add button to create a User Defined Module, three new options are now available, in addition to the existing option to create a User Defined Module using an Object Filter:
- Module > creation via an Object Filter - behaviour as in previous releases of AIP Console
- Module per Technology > creates one module for each Technology discovered in the delivered source code.
- Module per Analysis Unit > creates one module for each Analysis Unit discovered in the delivered source code.
- Module per Subfolder > allows you to create modules based on a folder delivered in the Version
- When using the Add button to create a User Defined Module, the modules are now created immediately in the list of modules, instead of having to run an analysis (as in previous releases of AIP Console). This means that User Defined modules can now be manually edited/deleted/added without having to wait for an analysis to complete.
- In the Add version wizard:
- It is no longer possible to select Full Content in the drop down, only Per technology (default) and Per Analysis Unit are available.
- It is now possible to untick the Generate modules option - in which case a Full Content module will be created.