On this page:
CAST AI Administrator
Impacts of changes made in CAST AIP 8.3.23 on Quality Model results post upgrade
Utilization of "DoEvents" inside a loop - 2586 - has been disabled
The VisualBasic rule 2586 Utilization of "DoEvents" inside a loop - 2586has been disabled out of the box in this release of CAST AIP. This means that:
- The rule is still listed in the Assessment Model so that results for previous snapshots can be viewed in the CAST dashboards
- The rule has been renamed and "DELETED" has been added as a prefix
- The rule will no longer be triggered in any new snapshots taken with 8.3.23 or above therefore changes in grades/overall numbers of violations may change
- The rule will no longer contribute to any parent Technical Criteria
Mainframe - Cobol
Never truncate data in MOVE statements - 7688
A bug has been fixed with regard to the Cobol rule Never truncate data in MOVE statements - 7688 and a change has been made to the way in which numeric signs are handled to avoid false positive violations of the rule:
- The first "-" is now considered as the sign.
- Commas are now detected as decimal points.
As a result of these changes, some impact to existing results is to be expected when re-analyzing existing source code: false positive violations will be reduced, therefore changing grades but providing improved accuracy.
Other impacts of changes made in CAST AIP 8.3.23
In previous releases of CAST AIP, support of the API org.springframework.jdbc for the User Input Security feature relied on automatic blackboxing. In CAST AIP ≥ 8.3.23, this has now changed and static rules will be used instead. As a result of these changes, some impact to existing results is to be expected when re-analyzing existing source code with the User Input Security feature: additional positive violations of related rules are likely, therefore changing grades but providing improved accuracy.
Variations in the number of violations between two consecutive snapshots with the same source code