On this page:
Where can I obtain the CAST Dashboard Package?
You can obtain the individual dashboard .WAR files from ExtendNG. Search for "dashboard" and filter on "Product". Choose the dashboard you require. A WAR file will be downloaded - proceed as described below.
You can obtain the CAST Dashboard Package from the CAST Product Center - this requires a CAST login. The CAST Dashboard Package is delivered as individual WAR files, as follows:
You may also wish to read the following information:
CAST strongly recommends deploying the WAR files alongside any existing deployed dashboards.
In a "side-by-side" deployment, you will need to transfer the details of your environment (stored in the configuration files such as web.xml/context.xml/.properties/other .xml/.json files) from the existing dashboard to the new.
|The structure and content of configuration files may change between releases of the dashboard, so you should not perform a merge or overwrite configuration files - instead you must manually update the new configuration files with the details from the existing configuration files.|
If you have made configuration changes to tiles via .JSON files and you want to retain those changes in the new version of the dashboards, you can re-use old .JSON files with the new deployment of the dashboards, however please note that doing so will mean that you will not benefit from any improvements or features added to the new release of the dashboard.
Installation, deployment and configuration details are shown below:
Required configuration options are available in:
Advanced configuration options are shown below. This includes information about modifying tiles, messages, tags and categories:
Learn about the deployment process - this includes understanding what you need to prepare, the installation process, transitioning to it from legacy deployments of CAST AIP and updating/upgrading to new releases.
To perform a successful deployment in your organization, it is important to understand:
Two scenarios are available:
- If you are a new CAST customer or if you are standing up new hardware specifically to onboard a new Application, you can perform a New customer installation
- If you are an existing CAST customer already using "legacy" CAST AIP and you are planning a transition AIP Console to onboard a new Application:
- you can re-purpose your existing "legacy" CAST AIP deployment and perform an Existing customer installation
- you can also Import an Application managed with CAST Management Studio into AIP Console
Information about how to upgrade to a new release. The following components/packages can all be upgraded independently:
- AIP Console package (including "embedded" Dashboards), AIP Node package and deployed RestAPI war file
- AIP Core analysis engine on target AIP Nodes
- Applications to new AIP Core release (schema upgrade)
- CAST Dashboards in standalone mode
Information about how and what to back up.