In this example, when the TRANSACT macro is created as code, the Mainframe Analyzer will create an IMS transaction object with the code name, then link it to the Cobol program named as PSB = XXX inside the APPLCTN macro.
|MFS files are not supported in the Mainframe Analyzer.|
IMS Transaction Flow
Click to enlarge
The Mainframe Analyzer will analyze the IMS MFS Maps file (*.mfs) so that it is possible to find out which Cobol programs use an MFS Map:
- MFS Maps are contained in files with the extension *.mfs.
- FMT macro defines the map (called "format" in IMS vocabulary).
- MSG macro defines MID and MOD messages. MID are those that have the INPUT type and MOD are those that have the OUTPUT type.
- MID and MOD identifiers are specified in the IO-PCB.
- In the MID/MOD structure, there is a field that contains the name of the transaction. This information allows the analyzer to create links between MFS Maps and transactions
As a result:
- The Mainframe Discoverer will detect a project (and therefore automatically create an Analysis Unit) for each *.mfs file discovered in a folderSee Mainframe Discoverer for more information about how the discoverer handles *.mfs files.
- .mfs files have been added to the list of files that will be automatically analyzed - see for example Mainframe - Analysis configuration
- New object types will be resolved - see Mainframe - Analysis results:
|IMS Message Format Service|
|IMS Message Input Descriptor|
|IMS Message Output Descriptor|