Preferences - Platform Settings
The Platform Settings options are described below. The options define the location of the folders required by the CAST Management Studio to function:
- the paths chosen in the CAST Management Studio Startup Wizard will be reflected in this window
- the folders are set on a "per Management Service schema basis". This means that the folders should be used only for the Management Service schema that you connect to. If you connect to a different Management Service schema, you will be required to set new folder locations - and these should NOT be set to the same location.
The following table lists each folder and where it should be located:
|Folder||Accessed by||Location||Where are they used?|
|Source Code Delivery Folder||CAST Management Studio and CAST AIC Portal||A storage location that can be accessed by all that require it:||CAST Management Studio and web.xml of the CAST AIC Portal.|
|Source Code Deployment Folder||CAST Management Studio||A storage location that is only accessed by the CAST Management Studio, as such CAST recommends the use of a "local" folder on the CAST Administration workstation (i.e. the machine on which the CAST Management is installed).||CAST Management Studio only|
Notes - The folders must be capable of receiving large amounts of data (i.e. source code packaged by the CAST Delivery Manager Tool and any associated configuration files).
- Both folders can only store data for one CAST Management Service schema. In other words, if you connect to a different Management Service and attempt to use the data in the folders, you will be prevented from doing so.
- When you launch the CAST Management Studio for the first time following the installation of the CAST AIP storage items (Analysis/Dashboard/Management Services), you will be prompted for the location of these folders.
A location used to store logs of all interaction with the Analysis or Dashboard Services:
|Log Root Directory|
Use this option to define a log directory in which to store logs of all interaction with the Analysis or Dashboard Services. Once defined, the following log files are generated (see CAST Management Studio logging for more information):
|Include Date in Log file name||Use this option to date stamp the name of all log files generated by the CAST Management Studio.|
CAST recommends activating this option to make it easier to identify the specific log files you need - each action you carry out (analysis, snapshot generation etc.) will generate a new log file.
When the option is inactive, all log files function in append mode, so messages are sent to the same log file over multiple CAST Management Studio sessions.
LISA (Large intermediate storage area) / LTSA (Large temporary storage area) - locations to store temporary files generated during the analysis process:
|Large intermediate storage area|
This option enables you to define a location (i.e. a folder) on your local hard drive that can be designated for use by the CAST Management Studio to store miscellaneous files generated during the analysis process. These files will still exist once the analysis is complete.
Once a location is selected using the browse option, a sub-folder called LISA will automatically be created. Generated files will then be stored in the LISA folder.
|Large temporary storage area|
This option enables you to define a location (i.e. a folder) on your local hard drive that can be designated for use by the CAST Management Studio to store temporary files generated during the analysis process. These files will be removed once the analysis is complete.
Once a location is selected using the browse option, a sub-folder called LTSA will automatically be created. Generated files will then be stored in the LTSA folder.
|Notes about LISA and LTSA:|
It Whilst it is technically possible to change the location of the folders even once they have been defined in the CAST Management Studio Startup Wizard, however this operation should be approached with caution as, in the case of the Source Code Delivery Folder it will impact the functioning of the CAST AIC Portal folder locations once an Application has been onboarded, please be aware of the following if you choose to do so:
- Changing the Delivery folder location will break your existing AIC Portal deployment
- Changing the Deployment folder will cause added/deleted objects to be recorded in subsequent snapshots
- Logs and LISA/LTSA folders can be changed with no impact (existing items will remain in the old location).
- Only new applications or new packages will be affected.
- Keep the folder path length as short as possible (lower than 30 characters if possible)
Source Code Delivery Folder
Before changing the location of the Source Code Delivery Folder, please STOP your CAST AIC Portal (i.e. stop the web application on the JEE web application server):
- to prevent the change in location action failing - to prevent Delivery Managers attempting to deliver source code while the change is being executed Source Code Deployment Folder
- For existing applications, the old path will be used in order to keep the history. To change the path of an option for an already deployed package, "Set as current version" (see the Delivery tab for more information) must be used and a new path must be explicitly entered for each package.
- Click the Change button to modify the location of the folder:
- A dialog box will be displayed enabling you to define the location of the new folder:
- Enter the path to the new location of the folder (taking into account the requirements listed above)
- On completion new Applications and/or new Packages (even those in existing Applications) will use the new folder location.
- Finally, in the case of the Source Code Delivery Folder you must now:
- update the CAST AIC Portal web.xml file to take into account the new location of the Source Code Delivery Folder (see the documentation in doc.castsoftware.com for more information about this.
- restart the CAST AIC Portal web application on the J2EE web application server